Are you facing difficulties understanding an MP4 movie as it contains less-known language? Are you here to know how to add SRT to the MP4 file format? Or you may first wonder what SRT format is. SRT is a subtitle format used to describe the voice in a video or film, and this is a text-based subtitle file. This subtitle format combines a video to make you understand the movie better. Maximum film subtitles you download from browsing the web remain in SRT. MP4 is a video file. And if you ever download an MP4 file without subtitles, the video will be brutal to understand in a foreign language. So, if you have MP4 videos with no subtitles, you can add SRT files using effective solutions. Even if the subtitle files do not support your system, you can add external SRT with these solutions. So, how to add or merge SRT with MP4 video? This article will recommend ways to help you to add SRT to MP4 videos.
Part 1: Top 7 ways to add SRT to mp4
Find out your one from the well-researched discussion below to complete the task of adding SRT to the MP4 file.
1. Visdee AiDubber
Visdee AiDubber is the best SRT to MP4 converter comes with more than 20 tools that allow you to add SRT to MP4 on Mac and Windows systems quickly. This unique and powerful AI video editing tool will enable you to create and edit videos with voiceover and subtitles. Add effects, subtitles, and a lot of tasks in one click by simply preparing the video, image, and text content. It has AI technology that will ensure you a perfect and accurate experience fastest. It also helps to remove or add background music, remove intro and outro, watermarks, etc. Visdee AiDubber offers multiple powerful features to fulfill any personalized need to edit and add or create your own dubbed videos quickly. It has 25 video dubbing modes to generate video 100 times faster.
- Twenty-five video dubbing modes to create video and every five modes supports five different ways of dubbing, including MP3 dubbing, MP3+ass dubbing, MP3+srt dubbing, SRT dubbing, txt dubbing.
- Choose txt dubbing or SRT dubbing and automatically convert the text to voice and dub your video.
- Editing features: Adjust video speed and resolution; remove/add intro and outro, watermark from video, convert video to horizontal or vertical, etc.
- Deep de-duplication to adjust and change video frame rate, set image layer, modify metadata (author, title, description, copyright), etc.
- Video mirroring extracts portraits from videos, modifying background colors, images, and videos and adding the portraits to the files.
- Set and adjust subtitle color, size, font, spacing, background color of subtitle area, and style.
- Batch video production, slideshow maker, subtitles extraction, text to audio, matting, add watermark in batch, HD Cover, subtitle translation tool, and quick settings.
- With AI technology, Visdee AiDubber ensures the best result for each editing and creating a video in the fastest way.
- A large number of features with a user-friendly and easy-to-operate interface.
- Amazingly, this AI video editor has no cons. Highly recommended platform.
Now, you may be eager to know how to add SRT to MP4 files using Visdee AiDubber. As described, Visdee will offer you the simplest and easiest steps to accomplish these tasks.
Step 1: Install Visdee and choose the background option
After downloading and installing Visdee, select the option “Background image.” Both videos should be without captions, an SRT file in a single folder, and the file name of both videos must be the same.
Step 2: Select files
Now you need to add your pre-selected video files to Visdee AiDubber.
Step 3: Choose mode as well as dub option
First, select the “Single Mode” and then hit the option “Dub” from the interface.
Step 4: Select the option from dub
When you tap on the “Dub” option, choose the “add only srt.”
Step 5: Select size, color, and background
Select the “Subtitle,” and you can adjust the size, color, and background from the giving style.
Step 6: Start the process
Click the option “Start” to begin adding captions.
Step 7: Check the outcome
Now you can check the outcome by playing video clips. You will see added captions.
With a VLC player, you can add subtitles to MP4, which are easy to add. VLC is a simple and powerful media player to play videos or movies in any format. Also, to operate VLC, you won’t need much experience as it is straightforward software. It supports playing videos with external subtitles and helps to merge SRT with MP4 videos. As you will not be allowed to embed into the movie or video permanently, you will be unable to find out subtitles while playing the video file next time. It also has other features, including screen recording and video editing.
- Play everything in every format like discs, devices, webcams, files, and streams.
- Support most codecs without requiring any codec pack, including H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Customize option to add subtitles and create skins with VLC skin editor.
- No spyware, show no ads, including any user tracking.
- Works on all platforms like Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and Android.
- Offer a user-friendly interface to compete editing a simple way.
- Support all kinds of videos and formats on a huge number of platforms.
- It doesn’t allow playing VLC subtitle for the second time.
- You cannot use tags and it might be tough to find songs in the library.
EZgif is a free GIF maker online that offers multiple essential editing tools. It breaks your uploaded files automatically instead of focusing on a timeline-based interface into frames individually. You can easily manipulate text with the determination in and out of each subtitle on each frame. So, you can add SRT to MP4 files. You may find the process confusing initially. Your text will stick on the animated GIFs while running the entire looping. You can discover features to set the parameters for the text’s timing.
- Put dialogues and texts on GIF, short MP4, etc.
- Essential tools: Resize, crop, cut, add text, optimize, rotate, effects, split, WebP, APNG, and AVIF.
- Fix the first sentence to appear from 1-15 frames and the second from 16 no frame to the end.
- Work as GIF Maker to add videos to GIF.
- After generating the GIF, convert to video, PNG, JPG, etc.
- Support GIF, APNG, WebP, and more.
- Option to add text and subtitles on a frame-by-frame basis.
- Just font name is available. Fonts are not displayed or previewed, so hard to know their looks.
- The maximum uploading file size is not more than 35 MB.
4. Format Factory
Format Factory is the freeware software to convert all the video, audio, and photo files. You can then play these files well by adding subtitles on other systems and devices. This free multifunctional and multimedia processing software brings the best from audio, video, documents, and extra utilities. With sheer diligence, Format Factory removes the confusion when undertaking any user task. You can complete hardware-accelerated processing for supported GPUs. Format factory program can be downloaded free from its website. You can enjoy the additional features by purchasing the latest version.
- Tools to merge, add subtitles, scale, and split the files based on the user’s requirements.
- Help to support the ripping DVDs and convert those to MP4 files.
- Support the conversion of audio, video, and image format without generating more time.
- The purchased version provides certain advanced characteristics.
- Allow editing in the files, such as rotation and placing the watermark on files.
- Support converting the files on Android, iPhone, PSP, and others.
- Support hardware acceleration with disc-ripping options.
- Contain only the window version and doesn’t support the program on the Mac.
- No support to multiple files and some of the YouTube files.
HandBrake is an open-source video coder that helps to convert any video to a format like MP4, MKV, or WebM and lets users burn SRT files into MP4 videos on Linux, Mac, and Windows. This post-production platform is an easy platform for free to create videos. Along with converting file formats, it can add subtitle files to MP4 videos. Handbrake is the easiest method to convert videos supporting MKV, MP4, or WebM format. It can help restore low-quality videos. The interface of HandBrake is simple and hence accessible. Remove comb artifacts, pass-through audio, downmix discrete surround sound, and more.
- Provide built-in device presets and customized options to add SRT to MP4 file formats.
- Support several multimedia files such as BluRay and DVD videos.
- Offer some video encoders, including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, H.265, VP8, and Theora.
- Audio pass-thru features AAC, AC-3, E-AC3, DTS-HD, DTS, MP3, and TrueHD tracks.
- .M4V or .MP4 and .MKV for output formats.
- Provide a simple layout and easy to use for converting videos for the first time.
- Free to operate and includes device presets for iOS and Android.
- The settings can be challenging to operate.
- The option for taking a live preview is only for up to four minutes.
Jubler subtitle software has a simple interface and features that will add benefits. This is a classic subtitle editor of open-source. It offers visual, audio waveforms so that you can use them to add a caption, text, and subtitle directly. You can transcribe your subtitles while running your video at the same time. Jubler has a comprehensive and user-friendly interface to sync subtitles easily. Jubler gives you more flexibility for captions to select font size, family, color, and outline. With Jubler, you can present visual caption bars adding to the video timeline.
- Completely free usages as OS version for Mac.
- Present video for visual context and set up the font size, color, and outline.
- Offered visual, audio waveforms to target a certain part of the video.
- Export file in different file formats such as .csv, .txt, .ass, .ssa, .sub, .xml, .srt, .stl, and .dfxp
- Add captions and subtitles directly to the selected waveform’s timestamp of a video.
- Good customization possibilities, including a spell checker.
- It supports multiple platforms and systems, including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Requires installation of MP player to preview your video.
- No continuous updated tools and features.
7. Subtitle Workshop
Subtitle Workshop is a handy little program. In the subtitling communities, this platform provides a range of features. Its features include durations automatically, spell checking, search and replace, conversion of FPS, adjusting the smart line, and many more. This is a user-friendly and customizable interface, including multi-language, customizable options, and translation mode. You can use style tags for multiple ones in a single subtitle. Subtitle Workshop is free software to convert text-based subtitle files supporting various languages. It supports style and color tags within the subtitle text. There is an option for customization and previewing your subtitles in full screen.
- Convert, open, edit, create and save more than 60 subtitle formats, including the Subtitle API library.
- Save and add subtitles in a custom user-defined file format.
- Offer multiple customizable tools and features for text manipulations and timing automatically.
- Comprehensive, customizable systems to detect, mark, and fix text subtitle errors automatically or manually.
- Display and manipulate the timing pauses and offers a ‘Characters per Second’ system.
- Easy to use features to deal with beginners quickly.
- The interface is user-friendly and customizable.
- Can show difficulties in importing transcripts and ask for several manual lines splitting.
- Limited checks on reading speeds, overlaps, limitation on duration, etc.
Bonus: How to batch add text/picture watermark to videos?
To batch add text or picture watermark to various video files, you can use Video Watermark Software more quickly and efficiently to protect your videos. Now let’s check out how to add any text, image, and logo watermark to your videos with its professional program.
Step 1: Load the video files
After downloading the Video Watermark Pro for free, launch it. Now, hit the option “Add Video” and go for the button “Ctrl + Click” to choose files.
Step 2: Add text, photos, logo watermark
Hit all these three buttons: “Add Text,” “Add Image,” and “Add Shape” after importing videos.
Step 3 Add text watermark
Hit the “Add Text” button, create a text layer to edit your text watermark, and click the “Add” button. You can also edit by clicking the “Font” button to fix the font or any settings.
Step 4: Apply the watermark to all video files
Click “OK” to set up. You can specify the output format and folder after hitting the “Run” option. Now, click the “Run” option to batch watermarking files.
Finally, we covered the discussion regarding how to embed SRT into MP4 to enjoy videos and movies. As you know now that subtitles will help you to increase the accessibility of the videos, the above listed are the top ways to get the task done. These tools will help you merge MP4 and SRT if there are no built-in subtitles in your downloaded video. Depending on your features, you can match with the above and choose any one of the above-listed ways. Our high recommendation for SRT to MP4 converter is Visdee AiDubber which will help you get the process done hassle-free.