Every one of us has been there. If you own an iPhone, you’ve probably experienced the aggravating situation when your iPhone becomes stuck on the Apple logo and refuses to go beyond it. The usually pleasant picture of Apple’s famous logo is transformed into an obnoxious (and even panic-inducing) sight.
Are you currently struggling with this issue? I understand your feelings, however you are at the correct spot today since we have the answer. Continue reading to discover about the many methods for resolving your iPhone’s stuck on the Apple logo.
Part 1: What Could Be Causing the iPhone to Stuck on the Apple Logo?
If your iPhone has been stuck on the Apple logo, you’re undoubtedly curious as to what caused the issue. If you understand what caused the issue, you significantly reduce the likelihood that it will occur again. Consider some of the most frequent causes of your iPhone’s Home screen being stuck on the Apple logo.
- It’s an update problem – You may find that your iPhone becomes stuck on the Apple logo immediately after an iOS 15 upgrade. This may occur for a number of reasons, but the most common is that you are attempting to install the latest iOS on an older phone. Apart from the iOS issues, it is regarded as one of the most troublesome iOS releases. You may see more iOS issues here.
- You attempted to jailbreak your phone — Whether you attempted the jailbreak procedure yourself or brought it to a specialist, your iPhone may get stuck on the Apple logo after the jailbreak attempt.
- It occurs after a restoration from iTunes — Regardless of the reason for the restore, your iPhone may get stuck on the Apple screen following a restore from iTunes or iCloud.
- During an update or restoration — For a number of reasons, we all have to update or restore our iPhones on a semi-regular basis. If you encounter a problem when updating or conducting a routine restoration, your iPhone 13, iPhone 12, or any other iPhone model may get stuck on the Apple logo screen.
- Internal Hardware Failures – Certain internal hardware failures will also have an effect on your iPhone. As a result of accidently dropping your iPhone or exposing it to moisture, your iPhone will get stuck on the Apple logo.
How to fix an iPhone that is stuck on the Apple logo due to software issues? Simply continue reading.
Part 2. The Easiest Way to Fix an iPhone Stuck on the Apple Logo without Losing Data
If you’re unsure how to repair an iPhone stuck on the Apple logo and want to take advantage of the simplest solution available. Fortunately, you may go to a more inexpensive step that will resolve your issue and preserve your date. Navigate to the Dr.Fone website and choose Repair. The Dr.Fone team created Dr.Fone – System Repair with the express purpose of resolving various iPhone problems, such as the’stuck on the Apple logo’ issue you are now experiencing. What’s the best part? It restores normalcy to your iOS without causing any data loss.
Step 1. Visit the website and download the Dr.Fone software, which you can then install on your PC or Mac. Double-click the Dr.Fone icon that appears on your desktop once the installation procedure is complete. This initiates the program.
Step 2. Using a USB connection, connect your iPhone to the computer and go to the dashboard, where you may choose "System Repair."
Step 3. A pop-up box will appear; choose "iOS Repair" to access Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. It is recommended that you begin with Standard Mode.
Step 4. A new window will then open, displaying information on your iDevice’s model. You must choose the appropriate iOS firmware for your device.
Step 5. A new window will then open, displaying information on your iDevice’s model. You must choose the appropriate iOS firmware for your device.
Step 6. Once the issue has been resolved, your phone will immediately restart. You should be able to use it normally now. Whew! That vexing issue has been resolved, and you can be certain that your phone is functioning normally. That irritating Apple logo affixed to your iPhone will finally go.
Part 3: Force Restart iPhone to Resolve iPhone Stopped at the Apple Logo
Forcing an iPhone to restart is often the first thing people do when it becomes stuck on the Apple logo, and it can work. It works best when there are no other issues with your iPhone. Even if it does not work 99 percent of the time, it is always worth a try – it will do no damage, and thus cannot cause any harm!
3.1 How to force restart an iPhone 8 or later in order to repair an iPhone that has been stuck on the Apple logo
If your iPhone’s home screen becomes stuck with the Apple logo, follow the instructions below to forcibly restart it.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button for a few seconds.
- Activate and deactivate the Volume Down button.
- For about ten seconds, press and hold the button on the side.
- These activities should be carried out in rapid succession. After restarting your iPhone, you may release the side button.
3.2 How to force restart an iPhone 7 or 7s in order to repair an iPhone that has been stuck on the Apple logo
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus work somewhat differently than prior generations, but the procedure is almost same.
- Hold down the power and volume buttons simultaneously.
- When the screen goes dark, release your grip on the buttons.
- Continue to press and hold the power button until the Apple logo displays.
- Hopefully, your iPhone will reboot properly — if it does, the issue has been resolved!
Part 4: Restore iPhone to Restore an iPhone that is Stuck on the Apple Logo in Recovery Mode
To be honest, it has come to this. To resolve the frozen Apple logo issue, you must restore your iPhone in Recovery Mode. Bear in mind that this implies that all data on your iPhone will be deleted. Ensure that you have the most recent backup of your iPhone and that your computer is running the most recent version of iTunes. Then follow the instructions below to resolve the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo:
4.1 Compatible with the iPhone 8/8 Plus, the iPhone X, the iPhone 11, the iPhone 12, and the iPhone 13:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then, while holding the Side button, push and hold it until you get the connect to iTunes screen.
After successfully booting the iPhone into recovery mode, select Restore in the dialog box and follow the on-screen steps to restore your iPhone and resolve the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo problem.
4.2 The procedure is similar but somewhat different for your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 15.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys.
- Additionally, you will see the white Apple logo screen. Simply continue holding the two buttons down until the connect to iTunes screen appears.
To reiterate, this method will delete all data on your iPhone; nevertheless, if you wish to retain your data, I still suggest you attempt Dr.Fone System Repair in Part 2.
Part 5: Restore iPhone to Fix an iPhone that is Stuck on the Apple Logo in DFU Mode
By this stage, you’ve attempted the first and fourth steps and are at a loss on what to do. While we suggest starting with step one and using Dr.Fone, you may want to do a DFU (Default Firmware Update) restoration. This is the most severe kind of iPhone repair and should be done only as a last resort. It results in total and permanent data loss, therefore do not claim ignorance!
5.1 To fix the iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12, as well as the iPhone 13 locked in DFU mode, follow these steps.
- Connect your iPhone 12 or 13 to your Mac or PC through USB.
- Confirm that iTunes is operating.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then, while holding the Power/Slide button, press and hold it until the screen turns black.
- Then, while still holding the Side button, press and hold the Volume Down button.
- After five seconds, release the Side button but keep the Volume Down button down until you see the popup message "iTunes has identified an iPhone in recovery mode."
Once the iPhone is in DFU mode, click “ Ok ” in the iTunes popup box, followed by Restore to restore it in DFU mode.
5.2 To resolve an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus that is stuck on the Apple logo in DFU mode, follow these instructions.
- Connect your iPhone through USB to your PC or laptop and launch iTunes.
- For at least 8 seconds, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Release the Power button but maintain pressure on the Volume Down button. You should get the following message: "iTunes has identified an iPhone in recovery mode."
- When you release the Volume button, the screen should go completely black (if it does not, repeat the procedure).
- At this point, you may use iTunes to restore your iPhone in DFU mode.
Additionally, a few essential DFU utilities come in handy when you need to boot the iPhone into DFU mode.
Part 6. What if the issue is a result of hardware failure?
If your iPhone remains stuck on the Apple logo after attempting the preceding methods, the issue may be hardware-related rather than software-related. If this is the case, the following steps should be taken:
- Schedule a troubleshooting session with Apple Support online or over the phone.
- Visit an Apple Store to get the issue assessed and diagnosed.
- If your iPhone is out of warranty and the Apple Geeks are charging exorbitant fees, you may always see an independent expert.
We are all aware of how infuriating it may be to look down at your phone and just see the Apple logo. If you’ve seen the Apple logo on your Home screen far too often, it’s past time to resolve the issue permanently. Fortunately, by following the procedures outlined above and the information included in this article, you should be able to have your phone back up and running in no time. Best of luck!