Finding a video as per the need of the situation is a tedious task and requires a lot of research. The best solution to this issue is creating your own video. This requires the help of video editing software that lets you customize your video as per your needs. In this case you can insert your own pictures, your own music, your own stills and create a totally personalized customized video for your use. To simplify this process, you need to know the software that are available for this purpose. It is important to know the features and pros and cons of video editing software available in the market.
Part 1: Detailed Review About Kdenlive Windows Video Editing Tool
Kdenlive was started in 2002 by Jason Wood and is now maintained and taken care of by a team of developers. Various versions have been launched with minor changes and various new additions. Kdenlive is an open source video editor offering ample features for making videos more creative. It is the most robust free video editor available on Linux and is a non linear and cross platform program that helps in making creative videos with ample effects and music and pictures. The final edited video using tools and features can be rendered in different outputs based upon the formats that are available.
Kdenlive offers the following features to its customers:
- Multiple audio tracks and videos can be accessed at one time
- The audio mixer is super versatile
- Feature of screen capturing and audio recording is available
- The edited part gets backed up automatically
- Animated keyframe is enabled for the maximum effect
- Tool Sets with full functional editing transitions and effects
- 2D motion tracking in semi-auto mode is enabled
- Video montage making is extremely easy
- Subtitles in any format can be inserted in videos anywhere
- Effects and transitions are advanced
- Amazing and many font options are available
- Shortcut keys available in Kdenlive make the editing process easier
- Speed shift option is not very satisfactory
- The video and audio get mixed and the auto split function is a bit disappointing
- GPU Acceleration is not enabled and system crash might happen if the system is not updated
- Bugs while using in Windows
- Output options are limited which hinders direct sharing on other medium
The software is free for everybody to use. Just downloading the software is sufficient enough to start using the software. Some features may be available on payment which depends upon feature to feature.
How does Kdenlive work?
Once you have downloaded the software on your system, you have to start exploring its features. The features of Kdenlive need to be explored well to make the best out of the software. The steps that need to be followed include the following:
- Create a new project or a new folder for your task at hand
- Start adding clips to it in the form of small videos and related images
- Create the timeline. The vide gets merged based upon the timeline that is shared. Be very specific about the minutes and seconds being put. Dragging the related clips to the timeline is an extremely important task.
- Add effects and music as per the project’s need on the timeline.
- Render the video i.e get the output downloaded.
Your video is ready to be used. In case of any further editing, you will have to make the changes on the timeline and the edited video will have to be rendered again.
Part 2: Effective Alternatives To Kdenlive Windows Video Editor
1. Wondershare Filmora
Filmora video editing software by Wondershare offers a wide range of features for its users. For detailed options, subscription options are available. Output is good quality and can be used at various other places directly as well.
- Video stabilization
- Background noise removal
- Split screen
- 4K resolution editing is supported
- Screen recording and frame by frame review is allowed
- User friendly interface
- Extremely easy to use
- Support offered is amazing
- Updated software
- Many effects available making it easy to be used by layman
- Complaints with GUI have been received
- New updates are available every month only for paid users
- To unlock some features, paid subscription is a must
- The system hangs while rendering videos
- Speed gets slower is the software is being used on an old system
Kinemaster is comprehensive video editing software supported by the Android and iOS devices. This app comes with a variety of features for video editing and trimming.
- Attractive themes available in plethora
- Use of stickers
- Amazing animation styles are provided
- Real time recording can be done
- Frame by frame trimming
- Possibilities of integration on social media are limitless
- Supported on a lot of devices that re web based, Android based or iOS based
- Easy and flexible adjustment tools
- User friendly interface
- Can be accessed on mobile phones as well as desktops
- Simultaneous video editing is not supported
- Audio editing can not be previewed until editing is finished
- Pitch and speed of the audio can’t be altered
ShotCut video editor has been in the game since 2004. It is a free software available for use by anyone. Watermarks will not be visible in your final output file which makes it a go to choice for many video editors.
- Color and text generators
- Webcam and real time capture is allowed
- Audio capturing can also be done
- Supports 4K resolutions
- Exporting of a single frame as video or image is very much possible
- High quality outputs after complete rendering
- Amazing array of features available for use
- Helps in recovering lost projects in case of an unforeseen situation
- Editing is super easy and anyone with mere common sense can edit the videos
- Technical support offered by the app is outstanding
- The interface is not very intuitive
- Stock music options are not available
- External file uploading is not supported
- Export of video is done after the use of much technical terms which every layman can’t understand
AvideMux is a pocket friendly video editing software that can be used by anyone and everyone. Encoding, cutting, filtering and rendering are a few tasks that can be easily accomplished using this software.
- Cutting and editing with the presence of many tools
- Attractive audio and video filters are available
- Small parts can be saved while working on a project
- Removing some parts of an existing video is possible
- Supports common video formats
- Supports almost all video formats
- Trimming, cutting, applying filters etc. are super easy
- Loss of video doesn’t happen
- Free to use for all
- Amazing range of features and user friendly interface make it easy to be used
- Crashing and hanging issues have been faced
- Lack of timeline for video editing
- Audio video synch gets distorted
- Screen freezes after long use
5. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is an advanced tool for editing videos. It falls under the brand name of Adobe and as such seeks integration with other Adobe products.
- Working on simultaneous projects is allowed
- Ample effects and animation options are available
- Projects can be shared with each other
- It comes with a price; subscription mandatory
- Video tilting and other amazing graphics can be used
- Many filter options are available
- Video and audio elements can be separated from each other
- Text balloons can be added
- Color correction option is a cherry on the cake
- Fast rendering and customization options
- Subscription is mandatory
- Project setup is different from other setups, takes time to get accustomed
- Interface is not very sleek
- 64-bit system is a must
- Some features require integration with other Adobe tools
With amazing features offered by Kdenlive and a user friendly and easy to use interface, Kdelinve gets a green signal to be used as a video editing software. It comes with a large number of features, themes, color combinations and so on. Any layman or beginner designer can also make use of this software very easily and can do justice to their work. Just like every coin has two sides, this software also has some drawbacks which can be ignored and it can still be used as video editing software by popular opinion.