To further help you with data loss, we have included the best iPhone recovery programs for your references to recover old contacts.
Part 1: 5 ways to recover old contacts iPhone
Now, do you know how to select an ideal iPhone data recovery tool? Let’s help by listing the best 5 iPhone Data Recovery programs for use with Apple Mac OS or Windows PC.
1 Dr Fone Data Recovery
This is an amazingly designed app to recover old contacts iPhone that you have lost and helps you manage the files on your device. This app operates on iPhone devices as well as Android devices.
This app was created by Wondershare and was initially called Data Recovery software for iTunes. This software was renamed Dr Fone in 2013, making it sound like a doctor’s phone. Aren’t they brilliant?
The data recovery for iPhone is generally made in three categories; recovery from the iPhone itself, restoration of data from iTunes account, and recovery of data from iCloud.
- Recover data in various everyday scenarios, including damaged, broken, accidental deletion, or water-damaged iPhone devices.
- Recover data directly from iPhone, iTunes/iCloud backup files.
- Retrieve texts, contacts, images, videos, call history, notes, and more.
- Selectively preview and recover any iPhone data.
- Support to the latest iPhone and iOS versions, including iOS 14, iPhone X, and more.
2 Tenorshare UltData
Tenorshare is a leading software developer primarily acknowledged for its data and drive retrieval features to restore documents, music, videos, photos, PDF documents, and other file kinds. It can also recover any formatted content and data stolen due to a drive failure or disk error.
Although it is famous for its iPhone and Android data recovery software, Tenorshare isn’t ignoring computer users, providing both Windows and Mac versions.
The underline of our Tenorshare review procedure is the speed of this program it is incredible to recover old phone contacts! It can scan a 63GB drive in under 5 minutes.
- Recover 20 plus kinds of iPhone data without backups
- Three restoration modes for the recovery of data
- Supports to sync contacts, messages, and notes directly to iPhone
- Store files from iTunes backup to your Computer
- IOS system repair functionality
Fonedog Android Data Recovery is data recovery software that is popular in data recovery from Android devices. It is a highly rated restoration tool that most folks claim operates very well to restore different kinds of data.
You’re required to download and install FoneDog – iOS Data Recovery and run the program on your PC. Then, connect your iDevice to the PC via a USB cable. Then hit the “Recover from iOS Device” tab from the left-hand panel and choose the “Start Scan” option.
The good thing is that the scan process will last only a few minutes. Once it is done, you can preview all iCloud backup data, like videos, contacts, texts, images, call logs, and more.
You can see them one by one and select the item you want to restore as here you need to restore old contacts. Choose the “Recover” button to recover the data to your PC.
- It helps in the individual restoration of data, helping users to preview files before restoration.
- It is quite quick with a high data recovery rate.
- It is also secure to use and doesn’t involve any viruses or malware that may affect your iDevice.
- It is compatible with up to 6000 different devices and all iPhone versions.
- It restores various types of data from the device without having to root it.
According to the results, PhoneRescue for iOS is the most inclusive and robust iOS data recovery tool among these tools. It can help restore data from broken iPhone, accidental deletion, factory reset, software upgrade failure, etc. By uplifting technical to a new standard, the latest version can now retrieve up to 31 file types, which is more than the most credible program in the industry. Till now, this software has already assisted millions of users around the globe.
Lastly, it comes with a repair iOS function, which can be ideal if you get stuck on the black screen, Apple logo, etc.
- Apart from recovering data from the iPhone device, it is also possible to restore it from iCloud or iTunes backup.
- It also helps in restoring data if the iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo or recovery mode.
- Data recovery from iPhone
- Data recovery from iTunes and iCloud backups
- Restrictions and screen time passcode recovery
MiniTool Data Recovery is an incredible and simple data recovery tool that can restore data from your PC or external devices that may have been deleted or lost due to system or human errors. It lets you restore 100+ file kinds that involve videos, audio, images, documents, and others. Moreover, the program can even help you restore data from your physically destroyed or corrupted hard drive.
Overall, Minitool Data Recovery offers you all the functions that you would expect from a professional program, and a free trial version that lets you recover up to 1 GB of data and thus recover data from old iPhones.
- Recover iPhone data in only three easy steps
- Recover iOS data from iPhone, and iPod Touch, and more
- Recover Contacts, Notes, SMS, Images, and more
- Supportive with all iPhone device versions
- Available on both Windows OS and Mac OS X
Part 2: How to recover old phone contacts in-built?
1 iTunes Backup
One way to recover the contacts you’ve lost on your iPhone is to restore them from iTunes backup file through the iTunes software, as long as you’ve created a backup file of your iPhone before using the tool.
To restore your iTunes backup files, follow the steps below;
Step 1: Sync your iPhone to your PC and run the iTunes account. By default, this will automatically occur.
Step 2: From the left-hand side panel, choose your device > Summary, and then select which backups you want to recover. Generally, you’ll want to go to the latest one, but you can try as many as you want until you look for the old contact numbers you’re missing.
Step 3: When you’ve chosen your backup, hit the Restore button, and the procedure will happen automatically. Once finished, disconnect your iPhone, and you should be able to look for the old contacts.
2 iCloud Backup
Suppose you haven’t backed up your iPhone device using iTunes, but you have been using Apple’s wireless iCloud feature. In that case, you may find your old contact numbers here instead, and you’ll require recovering via this solution to recover old phone contacts. Here’s how;
Step 1: From your iPhone’s main menu, go to Settings > iCloud > Contacts, or if you’re using an iPhone, go to Settings > Your User Name > iCloud.
Step 2: In this menu, scroll down until you see the Contacts activated. Make sure it is ON, or if it’s already ON, turn it off and then ON again. Now re-connect your iPhone device with your iCloud (this must be automatic), and your contacts will recover to your iPhone device.
[Recommend]: You can also refer to these solutions:TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery and Tipard Android Data Recovery
Deleting or missing data on your Android device may not be a new task, but most folks struggle with the best way to restore old contacts. The data mentioned above in recovery programs may present some of the ideal ways to recover old contacts, but each has its limitations, as we’ve experienced with specific software. Data loss is always a complex subject, so if you are stressed to find out the best way to get your data back, including recovering old contacts iPhone, use this blog to get the right solution.