Contacts are the most crucial item on our phones, and if you lose them frequently, you might face plenty of issues. On Android phones, there are two ways to save contacts: one is on the phone, and the other is on SIM cards. If you have inadvertently deleted or lost contacts saved on your SIM card, you can use the solutions described in this article to recover them.
Part 1. Causes of Contacts Loss on SIM Card
Several factors can cause contact loss on your mobile SIM card. You must first understand the significant reasons for contact loss before learning how to restore lost SIM contacts. We have compiled a list of the most notable causes for you:
- Performing a factory reset while the SIM card is still in the device.
- Deleted the contacts by accident
- A malware attack has wiped out all of your mobile data.
- Damage to the phone when the SIM card is still inside.
- SIM card gets twisted or broken while inserting or removing it from the phone.
Part 2. Does Changing Your SIM Card Mean That You Lose your Contacts?
Switching your cell service on when you obtain a new SIM card is typically simple. However, you will lose the information if you switch unless you know how to avoid it.
While the procedures below are meant to assist you with SIM card contacts recovery, they also offer information that can help you prevent such issues in the future. If you’re planning to switch to a new SIM card at some time, these pointers can help you prepare for the most outstanding contact transfer. It’s also important to note that you should take good care of your SIM card to avoid damage. If you ever remove it from your mobile device, be gentle with it and don’t keep it out for too long before replacing it appropriately.
Part 3. Best 2 Easy Ways to Recover Contacts from SIM Card
If you want to know how to recover sim contacts efficiently and quickly, you can use the following methods:
1. Tenorshare Ultdata For Android
If you have lost your sim contacts and want to recover them, you can use Tenorshare Ultdata for Android, the best sim contacts recovery tool. Tenorshare UltData for Android is the most efficient and quick way to recover lost SIM card contacts. To understand how to recover deleted/lost contacts from SIM memory, you must first grasp the software’s main features.
Here are a few key features of this sim card data recovery software:
- Easy to use, reliable and 100% safe.
- Recovers not just contacts but also images, videos, messages, and other lost or deleted data with a high success rate.
- Supports various data loss situations, such as file corruption, hard drive failure, human mistake, etc.
- Allows you to recover deleted contacts from sim card.
- Restores data from a wide range of Android devices.
- Tenorshare works with all types of disks and instantly detects external sources.
- Internal and external hard drives, CD/DVDs, flash drives, and memory cards are among the devices from which Tenorshare UltData can restore files.
2. Dr Fone
Wondershare Dr. Fone is a well-known data recovery software. It was created to recover lost files, contacts, messages, and other data from your Android or iOS smartphone. Aside from that, the app allows you to manage your phone’s data, move information between devices, and fix system issues. The software has evolved into a powerful suite with numerous capabilities thanks to its clear and clean design.
We have listed a few features of this tool below:
- User friendly and quickly detects Android smartphones.
- Allows you to remove the lock screen.
- Allows you to recover deleted call log from sim.
- Songs are recovered in more excellent quality than with other tools.
- Scanning data from most Android devices is done quickly and easily.
- With the newest version of the software, you can control many functions of your smartphone from your Windows PC with only a few clicks.
Part 4. 3 Free Ways to Recover Contacts from SIM Card
Losing your Sim card contacts can be very annoying. If you want to recover your sim card contacts for free, you can use any of the following 3 methods:
How to recover contacts from SIM Card with Android Sim Card Recovery
Android Data Recovery, an ideal sim card data recovery software for Android phones, is one of the most effective and excellent solutions to recover lost contacts from SIM cards on Android. It will assist you in retrieving phone numbers from a banned, and registration failed, or unavailable Android SIM card, as well as restore, lost contacts and text messages from SIM memory.
Tenorshare Ultdata is an Android SIM card contacts recovery software that can restore contacts from sim card and text messages from the phone’s memory. It can also recover deleted, lost, erased, vanished, and missing images, videos, WhatsApp messages, notes, call history and much more from both the internal memory and external SD card of Android phones.
For sim card data recovery for Android, follow these steps:
Step 1: Install and run the Tenorshare Ultdata For Android software on your computer, then connect your Android phone using a USB cord. To connect to the computer, activate ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone.
Step 2: Now that your Android phone has been recognized, hit the ‘OK’ button on the popup window on your phone that requests USB debugging. Select the required data to be scanned, in this case, ‘Contacts,’ and then hit ‘Next.’
Step 3: On the left panel, tick the box next to ‘Contacts’ and preview them till you’re happy. As the final step, select ‘Recover.’
Step 4: On your computer, specify the target location, then click the ‘Save’ button to restore contacts from sim card android.
How to recover contacts from SIM Card with Google Backup
All contacts on your SIM card must have been backed up to Google Drive if you enabled Google Drive backup. You may now recover lost SIM card contacts on an Android phone by following these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Select the Google option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the Set up & restore button to begin the process.
- After that, click on Restore contacts.
- Select the Gmail account where you backed up the contacts from the From account selection box.
How to recover contacts from SIM Card with Gmail Backup
Gmail backup is another way to recover contacts from an Android SIM card that have been erased. However, if you’ve synchronized your contacts with your phone’s Gmail account, you can also use this option. Now, have a look at how you may restore contacts from your Gmail backup on Android:
- Go to https://contacts.google.com/.
- To sync your contacts, sign in using the same Google account you used on your phone.
- In the left pane of the window, select the Export option.
- Choose Google CSV as your file format.
- Select the Export option. Make sure you save the file to your computer.
- Connect your Android smartphone to your computer and transfer the Google CSV file to your device.
- After unplugging your phone from your computer, restart it. All of your contacts have now been restored to your device.