Part 1: What exactly is USB debugging?
USB debugging mode allows you to set up the connection by introducing the connect icon between your Android device and the computer. After turning on the USB debugging once, you can transfer your essential and valuable data from the Android device to the PC or your PC to the Android device. And so, while accessing or sharing your Android data such as photos, videos, contacts, call logs, messages, or any other precious data, it makes the process easy. Suppose some issues arise on your mobile device and you cannot turn on the USB debugging option. In that case, you need to be very careful as you will have to restore your valuable files urgently from your mobile phone to your PC.
Part 2: Methods to Recover Data from Broken Android without USB debugging
Without USB debugging, is it possible to recover data from my broken Android phone? Yes, if you select the methods below, you can recover data from a broken phone without USB debugging.
1. Google Drive
Google service is a general structure on all types of Android devices. If you have already synced your device’s files to Google Drive beforehand, you can recover data from a damaged phone from Google backup with the help of Google Drive.
To make Android data recovery without USB debugging, follow the steps:
Step 1: Sign in to drive.google.com
Visit drive.google.com from the browser of your computer. Sign in using the same Gmail you used for backing up files on your device.
Step 2: Go to My Drive
From the left navigation bar, select the option My Drive. You can see the content you want to restore. Click on the right file or folder.
Step 3: Download backup
Choose the Download option and download your selected backup file to your computer.
2. SD Card
Before your phone broke, fortunately, if you had copied your important files to your Android SD card, there is still a way to recover data from a broken Android phone without USB debugging from your SD card. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Eject the SD card and insert it into a computer
From your Android device, eject the SD card. Then, please insert it into your computer with the help of a preferred SD card reader.
Step 2: Select files or folders
Now, click the My Computer/This PC option twice. Under the Removable Disk Drive, choose the SD card option for opening it. After browsing the files, select the files or folders for recovery.
Step 3: Copy and paste
Copy your selected files/folders and paste them to your computer.
Part 3: Software Applications to Recover Data from Damaged Android/iPhone
Recover data from a damaged phone with some top-rated damaged phone data recovery solutions for both Android and iPhone devices for you.
1. Tenorshare UltData
Tenorshare UltData provides 3 data recovery modes to bring back everything you want in seconds without losing a single piece of data. You can in-depth scan your device and recover over 35 data, including the latest iPhone data, without requiring backup. You can scan the iTunes backup files and preview them to recover selectively to your device or computer within 3 steps. Recover the lost/deleted data selectively from synced iCloud backups. With cutting-edge data recovery technology, you can recover data from a damaged phone in no time flat.
- Compatible with iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, iPods, and iOS systems, including iOS 13/14.
- Offer the most accessible and interactive user-friendly interface to use easily.
- Repair and fix any iOS system issue for a successful recovery process.
- The free version offers very minimal features.
- It runs at a plodding speed during the recovery process.
2. CoolmusterLab.Fone for Android
CoolmusterLab.Fone for Android provides a high success rate of data recovery. You can get back your deleted videos, photos, contacts and call logs, documents, and more. It allows recovering data from the internal memory card, SIM card, and external SD card of an Android device. You can back up both deleted and previous data from Android to your computer. This data recovery from a damaged phone covers several data loss circumstances and supports more than 6000 Android devices and tablets.
- Recover multiple files from the Android devices without damaging the quality.
- Support to backup several data types from Android devices.
- High compatibility, supports the latest version of iOS and provides high security.
- Full version requires paying for enjoying all features.
- Android device asked to be rooted.
3. FonePaw – iPhone Data Recovery
FonePaw – iPhone Data Recovery 3 data recovery modes to recover up to 31data types from iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Restore all or selective files easily from iTunes or iCloud backup files. It helps to retrieve the thumbnails of photos and videos from backups and iCloud synced data. It repairs your frozen iDevices back to a normal situation. It allows you to face any data loss scenario and recover data from a damaged phone.
- Provide two powerful and intelligent data recovery modes.
- Scan and recover inaccessible, corrupted, or even hidden files on your computer.
- Recover lost or deleted data from the RAW hard drive.
- It doesn’t allow recovering any larger files exceeding 2-3 GB.
- Take a lot of system resources during the scanning and recovery process.
4. iMyFone D-Back (Android)
iMyFone D-Back (Android) helps to recover more than one file type such as photos, contacts, messages, WhatsApp, and others selectively. You can flexibly rescue your deleted and lost files from Android phones/tablets in various scenarios, and even you can recover data from a damaged phone. Most efficiently, get back your data from a Google backup. D-Back for Android also helps to extract your valuable data from broken Android devices with ease. It allows you to retrieve any data both from internal memory and SD card.
- Offer a trial version before buying the paid version.
- Allow previewing of backup and recoverable files as well.
- Easily used on broken and inaccessible Android devices.
- Android version has limited usages and compatibility.
- Complicated and complex restoration process.
5. FoneDog Android Data Recovery
FoneDog Android Data Recovery can rescue deleted data, including videos, photos, audio, contacts, call logs, messages, and documents from your Android device. It allows scanning for free of the deleted data directly from your Android device without requiring a root. Never worry about data loss. This damaged Android phone data recovery provides a friendly interface for retrieval. Before purchasing it, you can take a preview of the deleted data. It offers 100% security so that no one can access your data.
- Maintain safety while using it for recovery.
- The paid version offers a lifetime update.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The trial version has limited main features.
- Sometimes detecting data during the recovery.
In this guide, you learned about the best solutions for damaged phone data recovery. Pick one from any of the mentioned ways to rescue your device files. Also, remember, no solution will provide you 100% accuracy. So, mind the pros and cons of each to understand which one will be perfect for you.