In this case, we often delete some items that we think are unnecessary from the phone or feel that they waste memory. Many people even accidentally deleted their contacts or emails when updating the software and forgot to back them up. But after a while, we realized that this is an important document. What should I do? Our mobile phone does not have a recycle bin like our computer, so there is no chance to restore it. There are many apps torecover deleted contacts from iPhone,making it easy to retrieve lost data, and we are going to look into the reasons for contact loss.
Part 1: What are the reasons for contact loss/deletion?
There are more than a thousand and one reasons for contact loss, listed below are few reasons:
- Accidentally deleted
- Data erasure after iOS update
- Jailbreak failed
- iOS upgrade failed, insufficient space
- Restore to factory settings
- Stuck in the white apple logo screen/recovery mode/DFU mode
- Device crashed, shattered, damaged, or lost
- iDevice is disabled after entering the wrong password too many times
- Other situations where the iOS device cannot be accessed or is unresponsive.
Part 2: How to recover deleted contacts from backup
Step 1: Navigate to Cloud.com on your web browser and go to the settings.
Step 2: From the Advanced Settings, click on “Restore Contacts.”
Step 3: Click on “Restore” at the right to restore the desired contacts to iPhone.
Step 1: Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to a computer.
Step 2: Open iTunes, and choose your iPhone device from the left panel.
- Now, select the “Restore Phone” option.
- Choose the correct backup.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
Part 3: How to recover contacts with/without backup using software
1. Tenorshare UltData
Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery is an iPhone data recovery program that can easily restore all deleted or lost data directly from the iPhone without any backup files. You can restore iPhone data from iTunes and iCloud backups. It supports more than 35 file types and instant messaging applications, such as WhatsApp, WeChat, etc., and is compatible with the latest iOS and iPhone devices. It can recover lost data from a damaged, crashed, damaged, or broken iPhone with powerful features and retrieve lost data after jailbreak, iOS upgrade, and factory settings.
- Outstanding file preview feature
- Fast iPhone scanner
- It supports several file types and instant messaging apps
- Easy to use interfaces
- Additional iOS features in addition to backing up your data.
- The purchase price is quite expensive
- The program recovers less data than some other alternatives.
2. iCare iPhone Recovery
iCare iPhone Recovery is one of the free easy-to-use data recovery software which supports all iOS devices. This software has different options for recovering lost files from the iPhone due to data loss for various reasons. iCare iPhone Recovery supports all iOS; this data recovery software for iPhone supports all iPhone devices, including iPhone3GS, 4, 4S, and more. Deep scan the iPhone to search all lost files after deleting, formatting, or even when the iPhone is not accessible has Screen of Death, or you forget screen lock password. It is a read-only tool and causes no harm to the device and previously lost data.
- Supports all iOS devices
- Deep scan iPhone for lost files after deleting
- Causes no harm to the device or lost data
- Preview and restore selected files
- No USB installation
- Capable of previewing alimited number of file types
3. Leawo iOS Data Recovery for Mac
Leawo is one of the best iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone data recovery software for Mac. This software helps users effortlessly restore lost files from iOS devices and iTunes backups. This data recovery software can also help users back up iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to Mac computers. It comes in handy torecover contacts from iPhones.It regains 6 kinds of lost files and can also recover files from backups. It supports the latest iOS devices and recovers and saves lost data.
- Recover 12 lost files from iTunes backups of all iOS devices.
- It can recover up to 6 kinds of lost files from iOS devices.
- Fully supports the latest Mac OS X 10.9 and the latest version of iTunes.
- Easily recover lost data caused by different reasons
- It runs fast and stable and has a friendly interface.
- It recovers a limited kind of files
- Cannot recover data directly from iOS devices.
- It is not cheap software
4. Primo iPhone Data Recovery
Primo iPhone data recovery retrieves lost or deleted photos and videos from camera roll, photostream, and photo library-no matter whether you have a backup or how you lost pictures (system upgrade, jailbreak, accidental deletion, etc.). It allows you to preview photos in thumbnail form and restore them to original quality. It can recover 25 types of files from the iPhone with its 3 safe modes torecover contacts from iPhoneand recover data from iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Recover 25 types of iOS content from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Retrieve data through 3 safe modes: from iPhone, iTunes backup, and iCloud
- Retrieve lost data directly to iPhone, such as contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Repair your iOS device from a series of iOS system issues or update errors.
- A limited number of file recovery
- Quite expensive
[Recommend]: You can also refer to these solutions:restore deleted photos samsung and video recovery app for android
Now that we have looked into the overview of reasons for contact loss and how torecover contacts from broken iPhonedevices and software that can help facilitate the process with little or no risk. Thus, you can now go ahead andrecover deleted contacts from your iPhonequickly.