Deleting messages by accident from Facebook Messenger may feel like a catastrophe since FB does not offer a restore option. Relax! This post will teach you how to recover deleted Facebook messages fast and simply.
To recover deleted Facebook messages, you need to know Facebook itself fully, which offers a few of methods to assist you well handle lost Facebook messages. If you have not preserved the FB conversations, you need to download them online by choosing a period. If you have filed the messages, you will have no difficulty obtaining them back since they have simply been buried in another area of your system’s memory.
In this post, I will teach you how to retrieve deleted Facebook messages on iOS and Android smartphones.
Part 1: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages on iOS
In Messenger, an archived message is hidden from your inbox but is not erased forever. It is conceivable that you chose Archive rather than Delete when you erased the message. When you move your finger over a conversation, the choices are Archive and More (which includes Delete), making this a common blunder.
Step 1: Find and check Archived Messages
Methode 1: Check Archived Messages On iOS App
To determine if you preserved a message rather than deleting it in the iOS Messenger app:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Messenger app.
- Hover over your profile picture.
- Select Archived Chats from the menu.
- If the conversation was archived, it will appear here. Swipe it from right to left with your finger and choose Unarchive to restore it to your current Messenger conversations.
Methode 2: Check Archived Messages in Facebook in a Browser
If you’re using your preferred computer browser to visit Facebook.com, here’s how to verify (and perhaps recover) an archived message.
- Open a web browser and go to Facebook.
- At the top of the page, click the Messenger icon.
- At the bottom of the Messenger list, click See all in Messenger.
- Select Archived Chats from the menu by clicking the three-dot menu symbol next to Chats.
- If you find the message you’re searching for, reply to it to restore it to the active conversation list in Messenger.
Step 2: Download Your Facebook Data
Facebook retains removed messages for an undetermined amount of time before fully deleting them from its servers, which means you may be able to recover deleted messages by downloading your Facebook data.
Methode 1: Download Facebook Data in iOS App
You may request a copy of your data stored on Facebook’s website or only the messages. There is a possibility that some of your previously deleted messages may be included. Here’s how to send a data request through the iOS Messenger app.
- Open Messenger and touch your profile picture at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Account Settings.
- Scroll down to the area entitled Your Facebook Information and hit Download Profile Information.
- In the screen that appears, put a check mark next to Messages. You may wish to uncheck the other categories. The report will include your data for the categories you check.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit Create File. Facebook creates the report and notifies you when it is available. While you wait, your request displays as "Pending." If you just request your Messenger data, the delay is short.
- Examine the report for the message you want to recover.
Methode 2: Download Facebook Data on the Facebook Website
Additionally, you may access your Facebook data, including your Messages, by accessing the Facebook website through a computer. This is how:
- Open a web browser and go to Facebook.
- In the upper-right corner of your Facebook page, click the down arrow and then choose Settings & Privacy from the menu.
- On the resulting screen, click Settings.
- In the Settings sidebar, choose Privacy.
- In the Privacy sidebar, click Your Facebook Information.
- Select View from the Download Profile Information section.
- If it is not already selected, check Messages. Deselect any more categories that you do not want to download. Choose Create File.
- When the report is available for download, Facebook informs you. Examine the report for the deleted texts you’re looking for.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages on Android
Numerous individuals have deleted critical Facebook messages or chats inadvertently and suffered the repercussions afterwards. If you want to avoid ending up like them, you must first understand how to recover deleted Facebook messages on Android. We’ve covered some of the finest methods for recovering deleted Facebook messages on Android below.
Method 1: How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android
Occasionally, individuals archive their Facebook Messenger conversations and then believe they have been erased. Learn how to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on Android through Facebook Messenger by following the instructions below.
Step 1. Launch the Messenger app and go to the Recent Conversations section.
Step 2. Click the search box and type in the name of the chat you preserved.
Step 3. Select the appropriate discussion and then tap Unarchive Message when it appears. In the website version, go to Messages > More > Archived.
Method 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages via Android Phone Memory
Facebook Messenger stores a copy of messages on your Android device’s physical memory. Thus, you may retrieve Facebook messages from the memory of your Android smartphone using a file explorer program. We’ll describe how to recover deleted Facebook messages on Android through your phone’s memory in the section below.
Step 1. From the Google Play Store, download and install a File Explorer program on your Android smartphone.
Step 2. Open the program and go to the internal storage of your device > Android > Data.
Step 3. Navigate to the folder that contains the Facebook data, specifically "com.facebook.orca," and then to Cache > fb_temp. This will save a copy of all your Facebook chats, and you may restore deleted Facebook messages by restoring one of these backup files.