Since it’s a very critical moment and users might get anxious, which is evident in these cases. SD cards could be holding sensitive and vital data. However, the good news is, you can retrieve the lost data easily. How? To know, read this article till the end.
Part 1: How Android SD Card Gets Damaged/ Corrupted?
Before you get straight into the solution, it is equally crucial for you to know the cause of the damage. How particularly an SD card gets damaged/corrupted? SD cards could get damaged due to many reasons. However, some of the most common reasons are as follows.
- It could get damaged due to a virus if you have inserted it into a malware device.
- Multiple usages of the same SD on different devices
- A corrupt file in an SD card could cause damage
- Improper removal of SD Card
- Physical damage
These are some of the common reasons for corruption.
How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card On Android Phone?
To recover files from SD card android, there are several ways available on the internet. But the real question is which one is effective? Out of panic, most of the users follow any possible solution that comes in their way. However, this could be a harmful step to your device.
To recover SD card android, you must use authentic recovery software suggested by experts. An original software not only retrieves your lost data efficiently but also keeps your existing data safe. In the coming part, we will tell you about the five most used software that can restore data from SD card android.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card on Android Phone
Since recovering lost data is a sensitive process hence, the use of effective software is essential. The following five software are the most effective source of recover deleted files from SD card android. Check them down below:
1. Tenorshare UltData for Android:
If you want to recover deleted files from SD card, then you can use a professional tool like Tenorshare UltData for Android. With this data recovery tool, you can recover deleted files including photos, audio, documents, music that are damaged or corrupted. Tenorshare is supported on more than 6000 mobile devices. Above all, you don’t need to have the technical background to use it.
- Transfers data between iOS and Android devices
- Recovers data with just one click
- Eliminates Debugging
- Connects phone via Wi-Fi network
- Transfers and switch files from android device
- No loss of data
- Auto System Detection tests your device before operation
If you want to recover a corrupted SD card android, then follow these steps:
- Install it on your Windows/Mac system and open it
- Turn on the Debugging Mode on your mobile and connect it to the system via USB cable.
- You will see different categories of lost data. Select the desired files and tap Recover.
2. Dr. Fone:
Dr. Fone is the most diversified data recovery software that can recover formatted SD card in android. During recovery, this software ensures maximum safety to your existing data, which makes it worth considering. It’s very simple to operate, so even if you lack expertise in operating data recovery tools you can use it easily. It recovers data, and restore deleted data like photos, contacts, messages, videos, notes, call logs, and more from hard drives, phones, memory cards, and computers.
- Compatible with all the latest devices.
- Exports, adds, and deletes files to manage data throughout the transfer.
- Fixes a variety of issues with your operating system.
- Allows the safe and simple rooting of an Android smartphone.
Wondering how to use it? Follow these steps to recover deleted files from the SD card android app free:
This software requires some additional effort before beginning. Before you connect your phone with the software, enable the Developer Mode. That is from Settings>About Phone> Build Number (tap consecutively).
- Scan the SD card, and wait. Click on Next.
- Select the files. Click on Recover
3. Stellar Data Recovery
If you want to recover deleted photos from SD card android or recover deleted music from SD card android, then this is what you need. It’s a leading data recovery software that can help you retrieve lost data quickly. This DIY software is easy to use and can deal with all brands and storage of SD cards.
- Restores deleted videos, contacts, pictures, messages, call history, and documents
- Recovers deleted WhatsApp conversations and media.
- Supports a large number of popular Android phones and tablets (over 6000).
- Recovers deleted and formatted data from the internal memory of an Android device.
To recover deleted photos from SD card android, follow these steps:
- Install and run Stellar on your computer.
- Connect the SD card to your system.
- After launching the software, hit to scan and wait
- After few minutes, you will the complete scanning result and the recently lost files
- Select the desired files and click “Recover” (wait for few minutes)
- Specify the location, and save the retrieved data there.
4. Data Recovery
Data Recovery is the most effective software on the list. Here it would be best if you were careful because of the common name. Many users mistakenly install the wrong software due to name resemblance. This software works quite efficiently and quickly. You can download it for free on your system and restore a backup from SD card android in few minutes. Apart from efficiency, this software is user-interactive, which means it is smooth to operate. Even kids come across this situation. Hence the developers have installed digestible instructions.
- Easy to use
- No loss of data during recovery
Follow the below-mentioned steps to recover SD card photos and other data:
- Install and Run Data Recovery Software On Your System
- Connect your device by USB Debugging.
- Scan the SD card
- Choose among the given list and tap Recover.
5. Disk Digger Photo Recovery:
This software efficiently recovers deleted photos from SD card android. If your important photos have gone deleted and you cannot restore them from Google photos, use Disk Digger. This software is specialized in recovering lost photos.
Although you can restore the lost photos from the software mentioned above, Disk Digger is reputable photos recovery software.
- Works for both non-rooted and rooted smartphones.
- Recovers movies and pictures from both system storage and SD cards.
- Rooted devices can get a complete scan, whereas unrooted devices can only get a partial scan.
Follow these steps to restore photos from SD card android:
- Like the rest above, run and install it on your system
- If your device is not rooted, the software will not scan your SD card thoroughly.
- After scanning, the software will show you all the recent deleted photos
- Select and restore them
[Recommend]: You can also refer to these solutions: samsung phone recovery, and Samsung data recovery from the dead phone
Part 3: How to Preventing data loss in the future?
Damaging SD cards is a common occurrence, and sometimes it is unpreventable, so the best way to ignore the loss is to make sure the following essentials.
- Create a backup on Google Drive or iCloud
- Transfer your photos to another device
- Eject your SD safely
- Do not use the same card on multiple devices