Part 1: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone Via Recently Deleted Folder
The Recently Deleted Folder on iDevices stores the recently deleted voice memos for 30 days before permanently deleting the file, so your first course of action to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone should be to check the Recently Deleted Folder within the Voice Memos application.
Follow these simple steps to recover Voice memos on iPhone via the Recently Deleted Folder:
- Open the Voice Memos application on your iPhone.
- You will see all existing Voice memos. Navigate to the bottom of the page; you will find the Recently Deleted option.
- Select the option to access the Recently Deleted folder.
- Ascertain the desired Voice memo.
- Select the file.
- And click on the Recover option.
- Then select Recover Recording from the bottom of the screen.
You can now access the recovered recording in the Voice Memo app.
Part 2: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone From iCloud
Another method to recover deleted voice recordings on iPhone is via the iCloud backup. But this only works if you have previously opted for iCloud backup. In case you haven’t, this method will be of no use. Further, iCloud backup means you will have to reset the iDevice to factory settings. So all the current data will be erased. Be sure to create a backup file of all the crucial files beforehand.
Follow these simple steps to recover lost Voice Memos on iPhone via the iCloud backup files:
Step 1. Go to Settings.
- Select the General tab.
- Choose Reset.
- Opt for Erase All Contents and Settings.
Step 2. Select the iCloud backup version.
- After the iDevice completes the factory reset process, you will see the Hello screen; press the Home button to proceed.
- Enter all the required information like Language, Country, Security, and more.
- Connect the device to a wireless network.
- On the Apps and Data screen, opt for Restore from iCloud backup.
- Login to iCloud.com by entering your Apple ID and password.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select the desired backup version.
Step 3. Recover the Voice recording on iPhone.
After ascertaining the backup version, click on Restore.
Voila! You can now find the deleted Voice Memos in the Voice Memos app. The backup will also restore other backed-up files.
Part 3: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone Through iTunes Backup
iTunes backup is another way to recover trimmed Voice Memo on iPhone. But like iCloud backup, iTunes also requires a previously created backup file. If you have, follow these simple steps to recover Voice Recording on iPhone:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iDevice to the computer using the lighting cable.
- Select the iDevice from the iTunes interface.
- Choose Restore backup.
- Select the preferred version of the iTunes backup.
- Click Restore.
Selecting the option will restore the desired version of the backup on your iDevice. You can find the deleted Voice memos in the native application.
Part 4: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone Without Backup – iMyFone
Looking for a simple and effective way to recover the lost Voice Memos on iPhone? iMyFone is the app for you. A third-party tool that lets you recover even the unsaved Voice memos on iPhone conveniently. No backups are required, plus you do not need to reset your iDevice (like with the iCloud recovery).
Here’s why you should use iMyFone:
- Recover more than 18 file formats, including native Voice Recording.
- You can restore the files from the iOS device as well as iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Selective recovery of the Voice Memos.
- Scan and Preview the recoverable voice memos for free.
Follow these simple instructions to recover the unsaved Voice Memos iPhone using iMyFone D-Back:
Step 1. Download and Install iMyFone software on Mac or a PC.
- Connect the iDevice to the computer.
- The program will identify the iDevice version automatically. If not, then you have to click on the ‘Trust’ pop-up on your iDevice screen.
Step 2. From the main interface, choose Recover from the iOS device.
- On the next page, select the file type, i.e., Voice Memos. You can also select other file formats (or all) if needed.
- Click Scan to proceed.
Step 3. After the scan completes, you can preview (in-built audio player) and select the desired Voice Memos. Or you can select all the recovered files at once.
- Click on the Recover option.
Well, it cannot get simpler than this. All you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions and copy the files onto the computer. Since iMyFone does not allow you to restore the recovered files directly to iDevice, you can copy the files from the computer.
These are all the ways to recover deleted Voice Recording on iPhone. And while the first three methods, i.e., via the Recently Deleted Folder, iCloud, and iTunes backup, may not be helpful depending on the circumstances, the iMyFone promises a hundred percent recovery of the unsaved Voice Memos. And it is up to you to decide the approach you want to take, i.e., easy and effective (using the iMyFone D-Back) or hard, clumsy, and unpromising (using the iCloud or iTunes backup).