Part 1: Recover files from iCloud backup
Do you wish to restore deleted files from iCloud? Restoring files from iCloud backup files and iCloud will be easy for you if you try any of the ways below.
1. How to recover from iCloud backup file?
You can restore files from iCloud backup if you keep your iCloud backup updated with data changes on your iOS or iPad OS device. Let’s know the steps to recover from iCloud backup filesto your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Step 1: Go to Setting to erase all content
On your iPhone, go to Settings and then go to the option [your name], the iCloud option, select Manage Storage, and press the option Backups. If you want to see the date and size of your latest backup, click the device listed under Backups.
Now, go to Settings, choose General, click on the Reset and tap the option Erase All Content and Settings.
Step 2: Go to the Restore from iCloud Backup
Follow the instructions till you don’t reach the Apps & Data screen. From the screen, tap the option Restore from iCloud Backup.
Step 3: Sign in to your iCloud account
Sign in to your iCloud account using your valid Apple ID, choose backup, and select from a list in iCloud. Wait for finishing the process.
2. How to recover deleted files from iCloud?
Whenever you delete an iCloud Drive file on your Mac, OS X will move the deleted one to Trash. But if you delete it on your iPhone, iOS will delete it forever. Even if you empty your Trash by confirming the deletion on your iPhone, you can still recover permanently deleted files from iCloud. Now, complete the steps to accomplish the process:
Step 1: Log in to your iCloud account
From your web browser, go to iCloud, enter your Apple ID username, password and press the Arrow button.
Step 2: Restore files
Click the Settings, and at the bottom left, under Advanced all the way, click on the Restore Files.
Step 3: Restore selected files
To the left of the files, press to check off the boxes you want to restore. Click on select all to restore everything. Then click the Restore Files option.
Part 2: Free Extractor to Recover Permanently Deleted iCloud files
You can also consider an iCloud backup extractor for free solutions available. The perfect iCloud backup extractor will help you to recover permanently deleted files iCloud. But which one will be a reliable one? We have selectively chosen some top iCloud backup extractors here. Check them out and choose your suitable one.
1. Dr. Fone – Data Recovery
Dr. Fone – Data Recovery ensures the highest iPhone data recovery rate and rescues deleted data, contacts, messages, and more, most efficiently and straightforwardly. You can recover from the iCloud backup file and iTunes backup file. Dr. Fone – Data Recovery allows you to restore iOS data directly from your device to the computer. This software is compatible with the latest iPhone version carrying iOS 14 with the best technical ability.
- Provide 3 data recovery modes to recover data from almost every data loss scenario.
- Get back videos, photos, contacts, call logs, messages, notes, and more from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud.
- Recover data from iPhone/iPad directly and extract data selectively from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- Preview the results before the recovery process to make sure they’re what you want.
- Compatible with the latest iPhone device and support the new iOS version and the latest iCloud backup.
2. iPhone Backup Extractor
iPhone Backup Extractor helps rescue lost and deleted data such as videos, photos, messages, notes, contacts, call history, Screen Time passcode, WhatsApp messages, and other app data from iTunes and iCloud backups. You can even recover permanently deleted files from iCloud. Without any technical knowledge, you will find operating the software easy with a successful recovery solution.
- Export your recovery data to formats like CSV, VCard, PDF, or ICAL for import to Outlook, Excel, and Gmail.
- Recover data from a stolen or lost iPhone and any data loss circumstance.
- Allow restoring data from even your encrypted iTunes backups.
- Recover the devices from the forgotten Screen Time passcode crisis.
- Offer a built-in Plist editor in its powerful free version.
3. Leawo iOS Data Recovery
Leawo iOS Data Recovery helps to recover lost files such as your invaluable photos, powerful messages, important contacts, captured photos, and recorded videos in a second. In total, you can recover 12 data types from iOS devices and the backup of iTunes and iCloud. This iCloud backup extractor for free supports all models of the device with the latest iOS system. It offers fast data scanning and analysis and allows taking a preview.
- Restore 12 types of data, including messages, contacts, call history, photos, videos, notes, calendar, etc.
- Get back data due to various reasons like the formatted, deleted, or damaged data.
- Safely recover lost data from any iOS device like iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch directly to the computer.
- Retrieve files from iTunes and iCloud backup even for lost or broken iOS devices.
- Fully support all iOS models and is compatible with all iOS versions, including the latest version like iOS 8.
AnyTrans manages your info by recovering them directly from the device or the backup available. It helps organize several types of iPhone photos and videos into various folders, including Slo-Mos, Time-lapses, Live Photos, Selfies, or albums. It covers all attachments like photos, videos, voice recordings, Emoji, funny stickers of apps. Without erasing existing songs, you can export songs from iOS to a computer or iTunes by dragging music to iPhone.
- Allow transferring 27 types of iOS content across iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, iCloud, iTunes, and computer.
- Provide the option to take a full or incremental backup as per your need automatically or wirelessly.
- Allow batch importing/exporting of all or selected iOS data with a single, simple and quick click.
- Require no pre-tech knowledge and skill as it has an intuitive interface.
- Cover all models of iOS devices carried iOS 5 and above.
5. PhoneRescue for iOS
PhoneRescue for iOS safely rescues messages, contacts, photos, or only any piece of valuable content for you based on custom-designed technologies from iOS device, iCloud, or iTunes backup by covering any iOS data disasters in more straightforward, efficient, and secure ways. Using it, you can recover permanently deleted files iCloud. PhoneRescue for iOS fixes your iOS system issues such as frozen iPhone or devices in Recovery/DFU Mode, etc.
- Recover any lost or deleted data of your iOS device in seconds with it no-data-loss-technology.
- Preview and chose your wanted iOS data to recover even from an encrypted or damaged iTunes backup.
- Selectively choose all data and files stored in iCloud backups to retrieve without erasing current data on iPhone/iPad.
- Remove all types of Lock Screens on your iDevice, such as digit passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID, speedily.
- Solve various iOS system issues such as frozen iPhone, Black/White/Blue screen of death, and devices in Recovery/DFU Mode, etc.
Here we are! We will close our discussion regarding the complete guide to restoring files from an iCloud backup file. From the various solutions mentioned in our conversation, some top free iCloud backup extractors will ideally help you to recover permanently deleted files from iCloud. So, try each way to experience the best.