"I’d backed up all of my critical data, photos, and messages to my iCloud, but I’ve forgotten my iCloud password. Could someone kindly tell me if there is a way to retrieve my iCloud password that I may try?"
Do you identify with the situation outlined above? It’s a very frequent occurrence. Nowadays, we are required to provide passwords and usernames for a plethora of various accounts and locations, making it all too simple to forget one of those identities and passwords. If you forget your iCloud password, it may be particularly catastrophic, since we depend on iCloud to keep all of our critical data. However, do not despair; we have a number of options available to you if you want to retrieve your iCloud password.
Alternatively, if you often forget passwords, you may want to avoid storing sensitive data in your iCloud. Alternatively, you may backup data using iTunes or third-party software such as Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS); none of these options requires you to maintain a password. However, more on this later.
Additionally, each iCloud account comes with just 5 GB of free storage. You may use these 14 easy methods to increase your iCloud storage or to resolve an issue with your iPhone/iCloud iPad’s storage being full.
Continue reading to learn how to recover your iCloud password.
Part 1: How to Recover an iPhone or iPad’s iCloud Password
1. To begin, go to Settings > iCloud.
2. Enter your email address and click the "Forgot Apple ID or Password?" option.
3. At this point, you have two options:
- If you’ve forgotten your password alone, input your Apple ID and click ‘Next.’
- If you’ve forgotten both your Apple ID and password, hit "Forgot Apple ID" and then enter your email address and name to obtain a new Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, you may try resetting your iPhone without it.
4. You’ll be prompted with the security questions you specified. Respond to them.
5. At this point, you may change your password.
Part 2: How to Bypass an iCloud Password Without Having Security Question
If you want to learn how to overcome the iCloud lock, you may use Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock as a guide (iOS). It allows you to bypass the iCloud account even if you don’t know the security question by following an easy click-through procedure. However, you should be aware that the procedure will delete all data on your device. Additionally, you should be familiar with your phone’s password, since you will be required to unlock it throughout the procedure. Follow these instructions to discover how to circumvent iCloud lock with Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS):
Step 1. Simply connect your iPhone to your computer’s USB port and open the Dr.Fone toolbox. You may access the "Screen Unlock" portion of its welcome page.
Step 2. This will provide you with several unlocking choices for your iPhone. To proceed, just choose the "Unlock Apple ID" option.
Step 3. If this is the first time you’ve connected your iPhone, you’ll need to unlock it and touch on the "Trust" button when prompted to "Trust This Computer."
Step 4. Because the procedure will delete all data on your iPhone, the following prompt will appear. Simply enter the provided code (000000) to verify your selection.
Step 5. Now, just go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings on your phone to restore its settings and restart it.
Step 6. After the device resumes, the program will do the necessary procedures to unlock it. Allow the program to run and maintain your iPhone’s connection to the system.
Step 7. That is all! Finally, you’ll be informed that the device has been unlocked, and you may simply unplug it and use it as you want.
Please keep in mind that this functionality is only available on devices running iOS 11.4 or an earlier version.
Part 3: Using ‘My Apple ID’ to retrieve your iCloud password
Another option for recovering your iCloud password is to go into Apple’s ‘My Apple ID’ website.
1. Navigate to https://appleid.apple.com.
2. Select "Forgot your ID or password?"
3. Type in your Apple ID and click ‘Next.’
4. You now have the option of answering your security questions or retrieving your Apple ID through email.
Apple will send an email to your backup email address if you choose ‘Email Authentication.’ After checking the relevant email accounts, you should see a message from an email entitled "How To Reset Your Apple ID Password." Adhere to the link and directions.
If you choose ‘Answer Security Questions,’ you will be prompted to enter your birthdate and any security questions you have created for yourself. Simply click ‘Next.’
5. In both boxes, enter the new password. To reset your password, click ‘Reset Password.’
Part 4: How to recover your iCloud account with two-factor authentication
This procedure will function only if your account has two-factor authentication activated. Even if you forget your iCloud password in this instance, you may retrieve it using one of your other trusted devices. Simply follow the instructions below:
1. To begin, go to iforgot.apple.com.
2. Log in with your Apple ID.
3. You may now retrieve your iCloud password in one of two ways: through a trusted device or by providing your phone number.
- If you choose the "Use trusted phone number" option, a notice will be sent to your phone number. This will include the procedures necessary to reset the password.
- If you choose the "Reset from another device" option, you’ll need to go to Settings > iCloud on a trusted iOS device. To change your password, go to Password & Security > Change Password. You may now enter your new password.
Thus, you now understand how to retrieve your iCloud password in the event that you forget it. There are three methods to do so: through your iPhone or iPad, using ‘My Apple ID,’ or with two-step authentication. If you’ve lost access to your iCloud account and are locked out of your iPhone, you may also use iCloud removal tools to bypass iCloud activation on your iPhone.