Part 1: How to retrieve data from broken iPhone with backup?
While having an available backup, given below is the process you can try to retrieve data from a broken iPhone.
1. Via iTunes
If you have synced your iPhone device to iTunes previously, it will be easy for you to get data from broken iPhone from iTunes backup. However, before starting, let’s remind you that you may erase all the existing content while using this method on the target iPhone.
Step 1: Launch iTunes
Connect your iPhone device to the computer and then launch iTunes on your computer.
Step 2: Go to the Restore Backup option.
You will see the iPhone icon appearing on the top-left panel; tap it. Next, tap the Summary option found at the left sidebar and then check under the Backups section. Finally, click the Restore Backup option.
Step 3: Restore
Select the latest backup file you have in it and hit the Restore option.
iCloud is a convenient way that you want to get data from a broken iPhone. You can retrieve data from the broken iPhone from the iCloud backup if you have enabled the automatic backup of iCloud previously. You will be required to use another iPhone to access your sporadic iPhone data. Follow these tips below then:
Step 1: Go to the Setting
First of all, erase your iPhone device. Then, on your iPhone, go to the Settings, click General.
Step 2: Erase all content and setting.
Then select the Reset option. You will see the option Erase All Content and Settings, tap it, and confirm your operation.
Step 3: Restore from iCloud
After erasing your iPhone, it will be a brand new device. Go to the Settings again and then navigate to the Apps & Data screen. You need to select Restore from iCloud Backup, select the most recent backup file, and click on the Restore button.
Part 2: How to get data from a broken iPhone without backup?
Are you searching the ways to get data off a broken iPhone without any backup? Well! This section is especially you, as we have shortlisted some best ways to get back data.
1. Dr. Fone Phone Backup (iOS)
Dr. Fone Phone Backup (iOS) ensures the highest recovery rate with the most accessible and most flexible iPhone backup and restoring solution without losing data. With one click, you can directly restore iPhone/iPad to your computer without backup. Without overwriting any data, you can restore iTunes and iCloud backup files to iPhone/iPad selectively. You won’t face any data loss on devices during backup and restore. No matter what the data loss scenario is, quickly ” get data from broken ” iPhone, damaged device, or the failure of iOS upgrade.
- One-click to back up to your computer and recover data to your iDevices without backup.
- Allow restoring the iTunes/iCloud backup and restore them to iPhone/iPad.
- No overwriting existing data backup and restore data more flexibly and restore data selectively.
- Complete the recovery process, backing up and restoring without losing any data.
- Allow to preview the backup content and restore any item from the backup to iOS devices.
2. iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery
With the three recovery modes, iBeesoft ensures successful data recovery from iPhone. iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery has integrated all the possible solutions available to give you the best result to recover deleted or lost data from iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It provides the easiest way to ” retrieve data from a broken iPhone ” or any situation by simply scanning the device itself without requiring backup. You are also allowed to extract data from iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Recover almost up to 20 file types, including photos, text messages, notes, call history, and more.
- Recover deleted or lost videos, messages, photos, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, etc., from iDevices without backup.
- Extract and recover data easily from the iTunes backup files even when your device is physically damaged, stolen, or lost.
- Extract iOS data from the current and updated iCloud Backup to retrieve lost files selectively.
- Support almost all the scenarios of data lost on iOS devices, system crash, virus attack, locked without password, or other scenarios.
3. Enigma Recovery
Enigma Recovery can successfully cover at least 94% recovery data rate by providing three methods to recover and protect your iOS data. It helps you to recover lost data directly from your iOS device, and it doesn’t matter whether you have a backup available or not. You can also ” get data from ” broken iPhone ” or damaged or lost devices from iTunes/Finder-created backups. It offers an Incremental Backup feature to prevent data loss in the future by storing your files securely on your desktop computer.
- Recover the data you have lost or deleted forever from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Restore files like photos, contacts, messages, etc., to your iDevices directly, or export them to your desktop.
- Provide the Incremental Backups feature to store data on your desktop or recover from iTunes.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac and supportive with six languages.
- Export your data to your computer in formats like XML, CSV, PDF, VCF, and XLS.
4. Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
If you wish to retrieve data from a broken iPhone without backup, try Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery that offers the “Recover from iOS Device” mode to get your job done. Without backup, recover lost or deleted photos, contacts, messages, and much more content directly from the iOS device. You can recover lost or deleted files swiftly from the iOS device and iTunes backup. In 3 simple steps, complete the iPhone data recovery process perfectly by yourself. It supports the latest iPhone model like 12 Pro Max/12/11 carried iOS 14.
- Recover multiple data types flexibly, including contacts, messages, notes, attachments, safari history, etc., from an iOS device or iTunes backup to the computer.
- Use the “Recover from iOS Device” mode to retrieve data from iOS devices without a backup directly.
- Scan the iTunes backups, preview them with detailed info, choose the desired file, and restore files from iTunes backup to a customized PC location.
- Extract data from iCloud Backup by selecting the required data to restore the iOS device from iCloud Backup will be added soon.
- It allows recovering and exporting contacts to PC in formats like CSV, HTML, and VCF, and messages in CSV or HTML formats.
5. Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery
Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery offers a simple, accessible, and effective iOS 13 data recovery process for iDevices like iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch on Windows and Mac. You are allowed to recover photos, messages, contacts, notes, WhatsApp, Viber, and more data directly from iOS Device and get data from broken iPhone even if you don’t have a backup available. You can also recover these data from iTunes and iCloud Backup files. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS 13/iPad OS and iPhone model 11 to XR.
- Recover lost data, photos, videos, text messages, contacts, call history, notes, voice memos, Safari history, WhatsApp, and more without hassles.
- Cover circumstances due to iOS upgrade/downgrade, jailbreak failure, accidental deletion, locked/disabled device, factory reset, iPhone lost/stolen, etc.
- Effortlessly scan iPhone/iPad/iPod to get data directly or scan iTunes/iCloud Backup to retrieve deleted or lost data by extracting data from iCloud Backup.
- Allow exporting and saving the recovered data in readable formats, such as HTML, VCF, XLS, CSV, etc.
- Allow previewing the content before recovery to restore selectively.
We will close our discussion regarding the possible and practical ways to retrieve data from ” broken iPhone. So, which way do you want to try to recover data without or with Backup? You can choose any of the mentioned professional broken iPhone data recovery tools that match your expectation. “