If you are an iOS user, it is critical that you understand how to sync an iPhone to an iPad. This will come in handy when transferring data to another iOS device. Transfers may be made for a variety of reasons, ranging from data security to optimizing the iPhone’s memory use.
Our tutorial will teach you how to sync your iPhone and iPad. Continue reading!
Part 1: 4 Free Ways to Sync iPhone to iPad
Methode 1: Sync iPhone and iPad using iCloud
Most of us are familiar with iCloud, correct? That is, it is Apple’s cloud service for iOS users. Its goal is to provide iOS users with access to their pictures, videos, and messages by ensuring that all data is backed up. Because iCloud was designed to sync and backup data across numerous iOS devices, it makes synchronizing data between iPhone and iPad extremely simple.
If you’re curious about how to sync my iPhone to my iPad through iCloud, just follow the instructions described below.
- To begin, configure iCloud on your iPhone. To do so, go to Settings > iCloud.
- Log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Select all the data you want to transmit to the iPad by switching to the ‘On’ option next to each data type.
Methode 2: Sync iPhone to iPad with iTunes on the computer
iTunes is another popular tool for transferring and syncing data to and from iOS devices. iTunes has seen considerable evolution since its inception. When iTunes was originally launched, it served as a platform for downloading and transferring music to MP3 devices. It has since developed into a video player, a platform for managing mobile devices, and even a radio broadcaster.
iTunes’ position as a mobile device management application makes it perfect for transferring and syncing data between iPhone and iPad. iTunes has substantially extended its functionality, now allowing you to sync your iPhone to iPad without using a computer. iTunes makes use of post-release technologies (for example, Wi-Fi) to enable data transmission with or without a computer.
Thus, if you’re interested in learning how to sync your iPhone and iPad with iTunes while using a computer, just follow the instructions below.
Step 1. To begin, you must first transfer your material to iTunes. Therefore, open iTunes and connect your gadget (iPad) to your computer through a USB connection.
Step 2. Once the device has been discovered in iTunes, it will show as an icon. Select the icon and go to ‘Summary’.
Step 3. The ‘Settings’ menu will provide a list of all the material that may be transferred across iOS devices. Select the kind of material you want to sync with iTunes.
Step 4. After transferring/syncing your material to iTunes, you may now transfer the data to your iPhone. Ascertain that the item is already connected to the computer through a USB connection.
Step 5. Sync your iPhone with iTunes to finish the iPad to iPhone transfer. Rep the previous steps 2-4 to sync your iPhone with iTunes.
Methode 3: Sync iPhone to iPad with iTunes without a computer
Consider iTunes Wi-Fi if you’re weary of dealing with USB connections and waiting for devices to sync with iTunes. The Wi-Fi option enables data transmission between an iPad and an iPhone through iTunes, but without the need of a computer. Therefore, to wirelessly sync your iPhone and iPad, utilize iTunes Wi-Fi, which is ideal.
However, before continuing, ensure that iTunes Wi-Fi is turned on. This is a distinct procedure from the content transfer itself, but it is critical.
- To begin, as is customary, open iTunes and connect your devices. Click on the Device icon when it displays.
- Select the ‘Options’ menu item. Select the checkbox next to ‘Sync with this (iPhone or iPad) wirelessly.’ Apply and then remove your gadgets from the computer.
- With iTunes Wi-Fi enabled, you may now transfer files between devices without needing a computer.
- Bring your iPhone/iPad with you.
- Navigate to Settings > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync > Sync Now.
You may now quickly sync data between your iPhone and iPad without the need of a computer using iTunes.
Methode 4: Sync iPhone and iPad via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is another alternative for syncing your iPhone and iPad. Bluetooth tethering or internet tethering is a term that refers to the process of synchronizing devices through Bluetooth. It offers a consistent internet connection for both devices. The benefit of Bluetooth is its quickness. You can transmit data fast and easily, and this is the easiest way to sync your iPhone to iPad without using a computer.
To connect your iPad and iPhone wirelessly, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone. Select General > Network from the menu.
- Select Cellular > Personal Hotspot from the Network menu.
- Return to the General menu and choose ‘Bluetooth’.
- Navigate to Settings on your iPad and enable Bluetooth.
- Allow the iPad to scan for the iPhone for a few moments. Ascertain that the six-digit number on both devices is same.
- Finally, connect the devices and sync their data.
However, it should be remembered that Bluetooth is not the optimal method for syncing the iPad and iPhone. There is an enormous potential for a variety of issues, for example:
- Bluetooth does not provide the same level of security as other wireless communication routes. As a result, if you want to transmit material over Bluetooth, you should be aware that sensitive data is at risk.
- Another drawback of Bluetooth is its low battery life. This is a significant issue for iOS device users who rely on Bluetooth to transmit data. Bluetooth will deplete the battery life of iOS devices when you transmit data from one device to another.
- Bluetooth is notoriously sluggish. Bluetooth 4.0 supports data transmission rates of up to 26 megabytes per second.
Part 2: 2 Easy Ways to Sync iPhone to iPad
Methode 1: Sync iPhone to iPad with MobileTrans
If your primary worry is how to sync your iOS devices, including the iPhone and iPad, the most dependable solution is MobileTrans – Phone Transfer. Once the procedure is complete, you will realize that synchronizing your iPhone to iPad without using iTunes or iCloud has never been so simple and safe. The primary benefit of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer is its speed and accessibility, which enables you to sync your iPhone to iPad in a matter of seconds.
Thus, let us go to the next section and see how to sync an iPhone to an iPad using MobileTrans:
Step 1. Open MobileTrans and go to the ‘Phone Transfer’ module. Connect your iPad and iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. The screen will notify you of the data exchange’s ‘Source’ (i.e. the device from which the information is collected) and ‘Destination’ (i.e. the target device of the data exchange).
For instance, if the iPad serves as the ‘Source’ and the iPhone serves as the ‘Destination,’ MobileTrans transfers data from the iPad to the iPhone. Change which device is the ‘Destination’ and which device is the ‘Source’ by using the flip button.
Step 3. Select the file types to transfer and then click ‘Start’ to start the procedure. You may choose ‘Clear data before copy’ to delete any existing data on the source device prior to copying information.
Step 4. You will now get a notification on your screen indicating that all files have been successfully transferred.
Methode 2: Sync iPhone to iPad with PhoneTrans
As you can see, syncing data from iPhone to iPad through iTunes is not simple. On the other side, the material that you want to sync between your iPhone and iPad is restricted. For these reasons, you need a professional iPhone-to-iPad data transfer program — PhoneTrans – to easily transfer your data from iPhone to iPad. Quick Transfer enables you to transfer different types of data from iPhone to iPad in a matter of minutes. In comparison to iTunes, PhoneTrans offers the following advantages:
- Sync up to 12 different kinds of data, including contacts, pictures, music, voice notes, and ringtones, many of which iTunes is unable to sync.
- Instead of synchronizing all data at once, you may choose and transmit data as needed.
- Complete the synchronization procedure in a few simple steps; no special expertise or methods are needed.
Now, follow the steps below to quickly and instantly transfer data from iPhone to iPad.
Step 1. Launch PhoneTrans on your PC > In the Phone to Phone mode, choose Quick Transfer.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone and iPad in turn > Before clicking the Transfer button, confirm that your iPhone and iPad are the source and destination devices.
Step 3. Navigate to and choose the data types you want to transfer from iPhone to iPad > Tap on Transfer Now to begin the transfer procedure.
Thus, if you wish to sync iPhone and iPad text messages, you now have not one, but six distinct ways. Knowing all six choices greatly reduces your inconvenience. For instance, if you’re not a fan of utilizing USB connections to sync devices, you may opt for wireless alternatives such as Bluetooth or iCloud. If one technique fails, another is always available. For instance, if your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection is unavailable, you may simply utilize MobileTrans – Phone Transfer to transfer your iPhone to your iPad.