Part 1: Popular ways to transfer iPhone photos to an external hard drive
So, you are in this section to know how to move photos from iPhone to an external hard drive. Choose any effective methods that we have collected for you, and they will help you the most. Let’s start.
Technique 1: Photos app
iOS 13 and iPad OS 13 have the option of an external hard drive and flash drive. After connecting to the hard drive, you can quickly transfer photos from iPhone to an external hard drive or vice versa. Let’s see how to transfer photos from iPhone to a hard drive without using a computer.
Step 1: Go to the Phone app, Photos, and the Share option.
Step 2: Select the “Save to file” option to proceed.
Step 3: Click on your external drive> Choose a folder> Tap Save.
Step 4: Your selected photos will be exported without losing the quality at full resolution to the folder that you have chosen on your external storage.
Technique 2: Image Capture
The following technique is Image Capture. You can use this method to move photos from iPhone to an external hard drive. Follow the steps to do the transferring process.
Step 1: Connect both the external HD and your iPhone device to your Mac. Look for Image Capture using Spotlight search, then launch it.
Step 2: Verify your device name. After that, all of the photos will appear. Tap on Import To> Choose the external hard drive as your data’s backup folder.
Step 3: Select Photos> Import. Then, to transfer all your photos, click on Import All.
Technique 3: iTunes
Our third recommended method is via iTunes. Before starting:
- Sync your iPhone device to iTunes.
- Import iPhone photos to the external hard drive.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes.
Step 1: Open iTunes on your PC/Mac. Connect your iPhone device to your computer with the help of a lightning USB cord.
Step 2: On the iTunes window, choose your device icon, tap “Photos” on the left menu, and tick on the box named “Sync Photos.”
Step 3: Go to the “Copy photos from,” “Pictures” on the drop-down menu, then Options, and tap “Apply.”
Step 4: Connect the external hard drive to your computer and copy your photos.
Technique 4: iCloud
To transfer iPhone photos to an external hard drive with the help of iCloud, on your iPhone, turn on “iCloud Photos.” Log in to iCloud on your PC, and then set a few settings. Then, you need to get the items onto the external hard drive. Let’s check out how to store iPhone photos on an external hard drive via iCloud?
Step 1: On your iPhone, go to its Settings > [your name] >Tap iCloud>Select Photos button > Enable “iCloud Photos.”
Step 2: Download, install and launch iCloud. Open iCloud on the device for Windows.
Step 3: Sign in with the same Apple ID that you have used on your iPhone. Tap “Options”> Go to the “Photos Option.”
Step 4: Tick “iCloud Photo Library” plus the “Download new photos and videos to my PC” button. Then, connect the external HD to your computer. Click “Change” that appears under the “Download new photos and videos to my PC” button. Set the default location. Tap on Done >Click Apply.
Part 2: How to transfer photos from iPhone to external hard drive using PC?
What can be the beneficial way to transfer your iPhone content to an external drive with the help of a PC? We have shortlisted five benefited way to help you out from this situation. Check them out, and you will get your solution.
1. AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is a quick one-click iPhone transfer that provides a great answer to transfer photos from iPhone to an external hard drive using a PC. It prevents data loss by keeping extra copies. Entirely copy your data from your iPhone to your PC with fast speed. AOMEI MBackupper allows you to transfer iPhone data, including photos, music, videos, in one click within a short period selectively or entirely. Before moving, you can take a preview of selected files and confirm what you need.
- Transfer data flexibly with incredible transferring speed.
- Transfer contents, including photos, music, videos, etc., for free.
- Transfer iPhone data to a PC entirely or selectively.
- Transfer data reliably from an old iPhone to a new one.
- Support with the latest iOS 14 and all latest iOS devices.
2. Coolmuster iOS Assistant
CoolmusteriOS Assistant is an all-rounded iPhone manager to integrate all practical features in one click. You can backup and restore everything on iOS. It will allow you to transfer photos from an iPhone to a hard drive on a PC. Without iTunes, you can freely back up music, videos, contacts, images, text messages, calendars, bookmarks, notes, books, and apps from an iOS device or computer. You can manage your iTunes backup contents and iOS data on the computer, edit, add and remove data info saved directly on the iOS device with CoolmusteriOS, a free tool from spyware, adware, and viruses. CoolmusteriOS Assistant has a 1 Year License at $25.95.
- Provide maximum privacy security with no spyware, adware, and viruses.
- A read-only application that never discloses overwrite, modify, and damages your phone data.
- Require no technical and professional skills.
- Allow batch transferring with one click.
- Backup data from iOS devices to both iTunes and computer with a click.
3. MobiKin Assistant foriOS
MobiKin Assistant for iOS is known as powerful assistant software for iOS devices. MobiKin Assistant for iOS will allow you to transfer contents including video, photo, music, playlist, contacts, messages, safari bookmarks, notes, voice memo, podcast, ringtone, etc., with a simple click. You can easily share iPhone photos on an external hard drive that will provide you with the powerful ability to control so that you manage all contents on your iDevices. You can also work, edit, delete or add them easily on the desktop computer. Access, edit, preview, or even remove different files as per your need on iPhone on PC directly. MobiKin Assistant for iOS has a Windows Version at $29.95 for 1 PC.
- Move upto 14 types of data from your iPhone devices.
- Export and save contacts in 3 different types like VCF, CSV, and XML.
- Backup messages on your iPhone HTML, CSV, Text, and DB format.
- Manage and control your transferred iOS files on any local hard disk.
- Provide a secure transferring process.
4. FonePaw iOS Transfer
With FonePaw iOS Transfer, enjoy transferring media like files, photos, call logs, text messages, books, etc., with ease. Without restrictions, it helps to easily manage your audio track and playlists between iOS devices and PC or iTunes. You can easily edit or delete contacts on iPhone, import files from PC to iPhone now far easy with this transferring platform. You can manage your playlists by editing, removing, or making your ringtones as well. Even you can convert the HEIC files to JPG. In short, it is a one-click copy content to PC that also allows syncing the data from iOS to PC or Mac. Hit a button only to copy, transfer, backup, restore, and sync your data successfully. FonePawiOS Transfer offers a Single-User License at $34.95, Family License at $59.95.
- Transfer almost everything of the iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
- Manage your music, moving songs, playlists between iOS devices and a PC or iTunes.
- Sync devices to iTunes or iTunes to device.
- Import files from your PC to the iPhone
- Remove unwanted contents that you don’t wish to store.
5. iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer
iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer will allow you to transfer iPhone photos to an external hard drive and share files between iPhone and computer or iTunes. You can edit your previously damaged iTunes library and fix it in a new way. It supports transferring more than 15 kinds of media files. This free two-way transfer supports unlimited iDevices with which you can easily sync iPhone data without erasing the previous data. It has a feature for sharing your music selectively or entirely with different Apple IDs without any limitation. You can merge and enrich your music collection on iTunes libraries or rebuild the library exactly as you want. Manage photos, videos, apps, and when you know you like any specific one, you can delete them quickly. iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer offers a Family Plan at $49.95, Business Plan at $69.95.
- Transfer almost all kinds of files, like music, videos, photos, playlists, and 14+ more.
- Rebuild old damaged or corrupted iTunes library.
- Without overwriting old data, sync the iTunes library to iOS.
- Compatible with all iPhone models, including iOS 7.0 and later.
- Free the content from iTunes limitations.
Part 3: How to transfer photos from iPhone to an external hard drive without a computer?
If you need ways to transfer photos from iPhone to an external hard drive without a computer, you can try OWC Copy That. With OWC Copy That, you can move your contents to an external drive, and it won’t ask for a computer.
OWC Copy That
How to transfer photos from iPhone to a hard drive without using a computer? As mentioned, OWC Copy That is an excellent iPhone app for you then. Copy That will help you to free up internal storage space as well as protect your valuable content. Just connect your iPhone to external storage, select the photos you want to copy, and then click the “Copy That” option, and all is done.
- Transferring files to an external drive frees up space on devices.
- Allow duplicating files with ease.
- Transfer files to almost all destinations.
- Much easier to share files with desktops with an external drive.
- Filter media to be copied in short by date.
Hence, by now, you have got the overall idea briefly. If you wish to share many iPhone photos to an external hard drive, you can choose any of the aforementioned methods. So, now you can answer a yes to can you transfer photos from iPhone directly to an external hard drive? Thus, make your transfer journey simple, safe, and smooth with our top-most ways.