Part 1: How to transfer music from computer to iPhone with iTunes?
Have you purchased a lot of songs through Apple Music? Then, iTunes is the possible way to transfer music to your new iPhone. Although this technique can wipe off the existing file from the old iPhone, getting it back is easy with iTunes. Here is our take on how to transfer music from computer to iPhone with iTunes.
Step 1: Update iTunes to its latest version and launch the program. Following this, connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: If no songs are available on the iTunes library, you can go to “Files > Add file to library.” Choose a theme or an entire folder to be automatically added to a particular folder.
Step 3: Now, from the device icon of iTunes, select your iPhone device to proceed. After tapping the ‘Music’ option from the left menu, tick the “Sync Music” checkbox.
Step 4: Based on your requirement, choose an option to sync the entire library or the selected playlists, genres, and albums. Once done, hit the “Apply” button to sync the music files and save the changes.
Part 2: How to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes in-built?
While iTunes is used to transfer music from computer to iPhone, there are in-built methods like AirDrop and Dropbox to transfer music from iPhone to Mac and then from Mac to a new iPhone. In this session, let’s take a look at how to use them one by one.
Method 1: AirDrop
As an in-built dedicated feature of the Apple product, AirDrop is used to transfer music to your Mac device without any other software like iTunes. With just the requirement of iPhone running on OS 7 or higher and macOS with X Yosemite or later, you can transfer music with the following steps:
1. Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your Mac and iPhone.
- To do so, on your Mac, execute “Finder > AirDrop > Allow me.”
- Whereas on your iPhone, go to “Control center > enable AirDrop > everyone or contacts” only.
2. To transfer the desired music to your Mac, navigate to the Music app on your iPhone, go to the desired song, and select the Mac device under the Share icon by clicking the three-dotted icon.
3. The music will now be received or transferred to your Mac.
Method 2: Dropbox
Dropbox is a cloud-based service helpful to transfer music from iPhone to computer and vice versa. The backline of this method is that it is applicable only for the non-purchased music on your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone device, install the Dropbox app and create an account.
2. Now, start uploading the desired music to the Dropbox app on your iPhone.
3. Once uploaded, log in to the Dropbox.com website with your account credentials on your Mac device. Finally, you can access the music and download it.
Part 3: Best third-party apps to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes
In-built methods like iTunes, Airdrop, and Dropbox are satisfactory in transferring music. But, if you are looking for the fast and reliable option to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes, then third-party applications are the best choice with advanced features. Here are the top performers among the crowd.
1. CopyTrans Manager
If your question is how to transfer music from computer to iPhone 11 without iTunes, the first best choice is the CopyTrans Manager compatible with all iOS devices. Reliable with Apple Music as well, CopyTrans Manager is the one-stop platform to control music, ringtones, and videos of your iPhone in one place. With the easy-to-use interface, you can customize your music library, manage your playlists, edit them instantly, and track changes effectively with CopyTrans Manager on your computer.
- Add or transfer music from PC to iPhone selectively/entirely.
- Create/edit iPhone playlists, and edit track titles or artwork.
- Compatible with all iOS devices like iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
- Transfer books, podcasts, songs, ringtones, and videos without iTunes.
- Take control of meta-tags, lyrics, album titles, ratings, and so on.
- Effective management of playlists with add/delete action.
- CopyTrans Manager is 100% secure.
- The interface can be better.
2. Dr. Fone –Phone Manager (iOS)
If you want an intelligent way to manage your iOS devices, opt for Dr. Fone – Phone Manager (iOS) compatible with iOS 14. With no iTunes required, you can quickly transfer SMS, music, photos, videos, contacts, and so on between computer, iPhone, and iPad. Apart, an excellent managing strategy of performing operations like export, add, and delete files is also possible with Dr. Fone – Phone Manager (iOS) from Wondershare.
- Transfer and manage iPhone albums, selfies, live photos, and convert HEIC to JPG.
- Without restrictions, transfer and sync songs, Audiobooks, ringtones, playlists, and edit them limitless.
- In one click, merge iPhone contacts, edit and delete them safely.
- Make ringtones by intercepting your favorite songs from your iPhone.
- Manage multiple apps, rebuild the iTunes library, and convert media files.
- Advanced iOS file transfer features are provided with an intuitive interface.
- Access nook and corner of iPhone storage with the iPhone File Explorer.
- It supports only limited features in the free trial version.
AnyTrans is our next option to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes that can also act as a media downloader, ringtone maker, screen mirroring tool, and iCloud Manager. You can now freely transfer music and export songs between devices like computers, iPhone/iPad/iPod without erasing existing songs by breaking the iTunes restrictions. Being a versatile iPhone manager, you can also manage personal info like Safari bookmarks, URLs, and notes by removing unwanted ones.
- Backup 10+ file types automatically or wirelessly with the smart schedule.
- Full-way transfer supporting 27+ data types in a 1-click quick transfer mode.
- Export and organize time-lapses, albums, live photos, slo-mos, and videos.
- Backup messages, attachments, voice recordings, emoji, and print them.
- Transfer WhatsApp chat with history and manage iOS apps on your PC.
- The music transfer process is quite fast.
- The YouTube downloader feature is free-to-use.
- Editing artists and music titles aren’t offered.
4. Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Integrated with all practical features required for an all-around iPhone manager, Coolmuster iOS Assistant can be accessible by both Windows and Mac users. With a functional preview and selection action, you can transfer your iPhone music files freely, edit, add, and delete data on the computer as well in one click. With broad compatibility, you can manage all file types like movies, music, reminders, contacts, messages, apps, TV shows, tones, voice memos, books, and bookmarks on any iOS device.
- Transfer music, books, TV shows, tones, videos, and photos on batches to PC.
- Offers maximum privacy with no spyware/malware, damage, or overwrite action.
- In 1-click, backup data and restore from iTunes or computer to iPhone directly.
- Export data to formats like XML, VCF, CSV, HTML, DB, and text.
- Without rewriting previous iTunes files, create multiple iTunes backup files.
- Coolmuster iOS Assistant is user-friendly.
- When compared to iTunes, it can handle many data types.
- For certain data types, only limited access is provided.
5. Syncios iOS & Android Manager
Recognized by Softpedia, PCWorld, Softonic, and alternativeTo, Syncios iOS & Android Manager is our last option to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes, a management tool for Android. When it comes to music transfer functionality, you can manage iPhone music, deduplicate tracks, edit song details easily, converter audio with the audio converter, and make ringtones with the in-built ringtone maker. Other advanced features include backup and restore, HEIC converter, video converter, and photo compression.
- Transfer 10+ file types like contacts, call history, SMS, music, apps, EBooks, photos, and messages.
- Export podcasts, TV shows, audiobooks, iTunes U, voice memos, and music videos.
- Synchronize iOS device contacts to Outlook, edit, and print on the computer.
- Backup call history, contacts, and messages to XML and restore them.
- Turn music to ringtone, and convert audio to AAC, MP3, CAF, and M4A.
- Selective and one-click transfer mode is supported.
- It offers free & ultimate version, and a lifetime license.
- The free version has limited transfer features.
iTunes is the best choice for iPhone users, and finally, I hope you have found out how to get back or how to transfer music from computer to iPhone with iTunes. Not just that, as I said before, there are countless easy ways to transfer music from computer to iPhone without iTunes like Dr. Fone – Phone Manager (iOS), and CopyTrans Manager for better results!