Switching from an iPhone to an Android device? You’ve bought a new Android phone and are considering switching from iOS to Android. Or are you just interested in transferring SMS from iPhone to Android? The following are four methods for transferring SMS from iPhone to Android.
Part 1: 1-Click Phone Transfer to Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android
MobileTrans – Phone Transfer is a one-click solution for transferring call logs, contacts, text messages, calendar entries, pictures, music, video, and applications across Android, iPhone, and Windows phones.
- Transfer SMS, pictures, videos, calendars, contacts, messages, and music between iPhone and Android with ease.
- Allows for the transfer of content from HTC, Samsung, and Motorola devices to the iPhone 13/12/11/XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7S/7.
- Compatible with a variety of smartphones and tablets from Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, and ZTE.
- Fully compatible with the newest iOS 14 and Android 10 operating systems.
How to transfer SMS from iPhone to Android
Step 1. To begin, launch the data transfer application MobileTrans on your PC. You may access the iPhone to Android transfer window by selecting the "Phone Transfer" option.
Step 2. Next, connect your iPhone or Android phone to your computer. The software will then identify and scan your phone’s contents. After one or two minutes, the interface will show all of the information.
Step 3. Select SMS from the drop-down menu and click "Start" to begin the process of transferring SMS from iPhone to Android.
Part 2: How to Transfer SMS from iPhone to Top Brand Android Phones
1. Transfer SMS from iPhone to Samsung Android Phone
To begin, we’ll examine how to transfer texts from iPhone to Samsung through Smart Switch. Ensure that both of your phones are fully charged before beginning the procedure, since it may take some time. Additionally, disable iMessage and two-step verification for your Apple ID account on your iPhone. After that, you are ready to begin.
- On your Android phone, open the Smart Switch app. You will almost certainly need to wait for the app to download.
- Once your app is launched, you will be prompted to receive or transmit data. Choose Receive. You will then be given the option of Wi-Fi or cable. Both alternatives are viable.
- If you choose Wi-Fi, just select the data you want to import from your iPhone. Select SMS texts in this case. SMS is an abbreviation for text messaging.
- If you want to connect via cable, connect both devices and hit Trust on your iPhone. Your Samsung will now display a notification indicating that it has been linked to your iPhone. Wait until your Samsung phone has completed scanning for data on your old phone. Now you may choose the kind of data that will be imported.
- Tap on the arrow indicating transfer. Your transfer may take just a few minutes or up to an hour.
2. Transfer SMS from iPhone to Huawei Android Phone
If your new device is a Huawei smartphone, you may utilize Huawei’s own Phone Clone application. This is a simple and convenient method of transferring texts from iPhone to Huawei. Let’s take a closer look at the transfer process.
- Phone Clone may be downloaded on both your iPhone and Huawei smartphone.
- Select Connect New Phone on your iPhone, and This is the new phone on your Huawei smartphone.
- Permit access from both devices.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your new phone with your old phone to create a connection between the devices.
- Select the data you want to transfer (messaging in this case).
- Transfer and wait for the procedure to finish.
3. Transfer SMS from iPhone to LG Android Phone
If you’ve replaced your iOS smartphone with an LG Android device, you may also utilize the brand’s official app, LG Mobile Switch. The procedure is straightforward and takes just a few minutes. Let’s take a closer look at how to transfer texts from iPhone to LG.
- LG Mobile Switch should be downloaded on both smartphones.
- Once the download is complete, launch the program and go to the USB cable option from the menu.
- Utilize a USB cable to connect your gadgets. Ensure that your new LG phone supports USB OTG. This feature is only available on iPhones running iOS 7 or later.
- Once connected, touch Trust on your iPhone’s screen to launch the LG Mobile Switch application.
- On your iPhone, tap Send, and on your LG smartphone, tap Receive.
- Select the data you want to transfer from the list.
- Restart your new LG Android phone once the transfer is complete.
Your text messages have been successfully moved to your new smartphone.
4. Transfer SMS from iPhone to Sony Xperia Android Phone
Finally, let’s look at how to move your iPhone’s text messages to your new Sony device. This will be accomplished via the usage of Sony’s Xperia Transfer Mobile application. This procedure includes the following steps:
- On both smartphones, download the Xperia Transfer Mobile application.
- Select Apple iOS from the list of devices on your Sony device.
- Utilize a USB OTG cable to connect the two cellphones.
- To link the two devices, hit Trust on your iPhone.
- Select the data to be transferred and press Transfer.
- Finish with a tap.
Your data has been transferred to your new smartphone. Additionally, you may select and download the Android versions of the apps you were using on your iOS device utilizing Xperia Transfer Mobile.
Part 3: 6 Free Ways to Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android
1. Phone Copier
This application is compatible with both iPhones and Android devices. The software will automatically download your text message backup to your Android device.
- On both phones, download and install the Phone Copier app. Launch the iPhone app and create an account. After that, you’ll be able to save your text messages in the cloud.
- On the Android device, tap the Download option next to the Restore from Cloud Storage option. It will start the process of transferring your iPhone’s messages to your Android.
- Wait a few moments for the copy to finish. You now have access to all of your iPhone’s messages on your Android phone.
- Open your Android’s SMS messages and enjoy.
You may also manually transfer your texts to Android using your iTunes backup and a third-party software called iSMS2droid. This is a little more involved approach, but if you follow the instructions below, you should have no problems.
- Connect your computer to your iPhone using a USB cable. Open iTunes and then click on the device icon that displays.
- Navigate to the Summary page and click the Back Up Now button.
- Once your backup is complete, go to the local folder that contains your iPhone backup. If you’re using a Windows computer, search for the Users[User Name]AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup directory. If you’re on a Mac, search for the directory /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/.
- Locate the folder that has the most recent timestamp. Locate the file 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 inside the folder. This is a database file in which your text messages are stored.
- Copy and paste the following file into your Android’s new storage.
- On your Android phone, go to Google Play and download and install iSMS2droid.
- Open your app and then hit the Import Messages option. You must temporarily modify your default messages by accepting the iSMS2droid permissions request.
- Select the message database you just transferred to your Android phone from the window that appears. Select Import All Messages from the Import menu. The process of transferring your text messages to your Android device has begun. Additionally, you will get a help document.
- Return to your messaging app after the transfer is complete. Now, return to your usual app. On your Android phone, you can now read all of your text messages.
3. SIM Card
If you choose not to utilize an app, you may transfer your texts through your SIM card. Despite its simplicity, this technique is not always effective.
- Open your iPhone and store all text messages to your SIM card.
- Remove the SIM card from your Android and replace it with the one from your iPhone. This technique will not work if your SIM card does not fit correctly. Attempting to push your SIM card into your phone is not recommended.
- Switch on your Android device. Keep an eye on your screen during this procedure. You should see a popup asking whether you wish to import your SIM card’s contacts and messages. Select Import.
- Ensure that your phone is turned on. Your Android phone should now have access to your text messages.
4. SMS Export
SMS Export Plus is the finest SMS backup solution available. The ability to print or save messages to a PC or Mac, to a PDF or Excel file, and to backup contact-specific messages. It’s now very simple to print your SMS or texts directly from your iPhone.
SMS backup and restoration is a simple Android application that backs up and recovers text messages on your phone.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format are available.
- Local backups are generated on the device and may be automatically uploaded to Email, Google Drive, or DropBox through the Add-On app.
- Select a scheduled backup time.
6. Phone/iPad/iPod Manage
A one-stop shop for managing everything on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and capable of doing tasks that iTunes cannot!
The primary characteristics are as follows:
- Transfer files from your PC and iTunes, as well as from your iDevice to your PC and iTunes.
- A music and video chat feature is included, and movies and music may be converted to iOS device-compatible formats during the transfer process.
- Easily copy pictures between a PC and an iOS device, as well as share and print them.
- Systematic contact management from the iPhone: Contact organization, backup, Reeditin option, and duplicate removal, among others.
- Direct content transfer between Apple devices: These files may be contacts, photos, music, or text messages and can be easily transferred between different Apple devices.