Videos have great use of keeping memories and for most people, having their videos always stored in their phones is vital. If you have a new iPhone and you want to send videos from PC to iPhone, this is the article for you. You may have backed up your videos on PC, and now it’s time to send them back to your iPhone. This ultimate guide will show you how to transfer videos from PC to iPhone. And if you want simple ways to send videos from PC to iPhone, this guide will help! There are different ways to transfer videos from PC to iPhone. These ways are shared into two, i.e., how to transfer video from PC to iPhone with iTunes and transfer videos from PC. Both methods will be explained in steps so that you can successfully transfer videos from your computer to your iPhone.
Part 1: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone with iTunes
The first section shows how you can transfer videos from PC to iPhone with iTunes. If you do not know by now, iTunes is a feature designed by Apple for all iPhone users that serves as a wireless backup, just like iCloud. Use the steps below to know how to move videos from PC to iPhone with iTunes:
- Use a USB portable cable to connect your iPhone to the PC. You can either start iTunes manually or let it automatically start on the computer.
- Choose to trust the PC and enter your password if you are asked.
- Select “File.”
- Click the “Add Files to Library” button and choose the videos you want to add to the library and add them.
- Select your device (represented by an icon), then click “Movies,” a menu located at the left end of the screen.
- Tick the box beside “Sync Movies.”
- Choose to “Apply” and wait for iTunes to sync the videos to your iPhone so you can access them on the phone.
Part 2: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone without iTunes
Once you import videos from PC to iPhone, the existing videos automatically get erased or lost as the newly sent videos will replace the previously existing ones. So it may not be a big deal for you if the files you have are not necessary. However, if you want to maintain your existing files on iPhone, you will want to transfer the videos from PC to iPhone without iTunes. Please pay attention to the following methods as they will show you how to transfer video from PC to iPhone without iTunes.
Method 1: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone via the VLC app
Do you know that the VLC app is not just for playing media files? Yes, that’s right; you can transfer videos from your computer to iPhone using the VLC app, and here is the guideline to do that:
- Open VLC and go to the settings found in the VLC icon section.
- Put on the switch for “Sharing via WiFi,” and you will see a local address and an IP address. Note them.
- Go to your computer’s default browser and input either of the addresses from above. Now you can transfer video files using the VLC portal that appears.
- Add the videos by dragging and dropping or clicking “+.”
- You will see all the files you have added on VLC once they are successfully uploaded.
Method 2: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone with Dropbox
If you still want more ways on how to send videos from PC to iPhone, this method is even easier. Another way of transferring videos from computer to iPhone without iTunes is with Dropbox, a type of cloud services like iCloud and iTunes. Do you want to know how to transfer a video from PC to iPhone? Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Dropbox account on the Dropbox website. To create a Dropbox account is as simple as making a Google account.
- Select “Upload Files,” then upload your videos. You can choose to create a folder of videos by clicking “+.”
- Download Dropbox on your iPhone. Using the exact login details above, log into your account on your iPhone.
- Go to the videos you just uploaded on your computer, select them and click on “Save Videos.” That will import the videos to the iPhone.
Method 3: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone with iCloud
iCloud is the most commonly known backup feature of Apple; it allows you to share files across your different iOS devices wirelessly. You can use iCloud on both Mac and Windows computers. So, use the steps below to transfer videos from computer to iPhone with iCloud:
- Open your PC and launch the iCloud website.
- Log in with your correct Apple ID, then select iCloud Drive and go to the settings.
- Enable the “Photos” menu and select “iCloud Photo Library.”
- Upload the videos you wish to send from your computer to your iPhone.
- Go to the “Settings” of your iPhone and then select your name.
- Tap “iCloud” and put on the “iCloud Drive.”
- Go to the iCloud Drive, Photos App, or Files app to check the videos you have uploaded and open them on your device.
- You can choose to download the videos offline; then go to your camera roll to view them.
Method 4: How to Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone with Third-Party Software
The last method on how to transfer videos from PC to iPhone without iTunes is with third-party software. Just download the transfer app to your computer and follow its guidelines to transfer videos to your iPhone.
Features of MobiMover include:
- Simple to use
- The best substitute for iTunes
- Transfer files from PC to iPhone and vice versa.
- Fully backup and restore iPhone data
- This software can be used as a WhatsApp transfer tool and video downloader
We will use MobiMover as an example of third-party software.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. If you are prompted, select “Trust This Computer.”
- Launch the MobiMover app on your computer and select “PC to Phone” > “Select Files.”
- MobiMover lets you choose the category of files you want to move from your computer to iPhone so that you can select “Videos” in this case.
- Choose the videos you want to move from your computer to iPhone and select “Open.”
- You can add more files to the ones you already selected after viewing them. Do this by selecting “Add Contents” or dragging and dropping from the computer to the desired area.
- Click the “Transfer” button and be patient as your files get imported from your PC to the iPhone.
“How can I transfer video from PC to iPhone”? This article is the answer to your data transfer problems. With the steps above, you can transfer videos from your computer to your iPhone with iTunes. And if you have important files you don’t want to lose; there are alternative methods to transfer videos from PC to iPhone without iTunes. Choose the process which works best for you, and you won’t have to take your devices to a tech expert to transfer files for you. It will save you money, and it will save you time.